Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoofing An Ip Address?

Poster
    I am ok with the answers I got. I am not wanting to "hack" anything, and didn't start this thread to flame anyone. Thanks for all you guy's answers. You have been helpful.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Originally posted by ukman
    Is that the same as using IP adresses to gain access to sites with passwotd protection - making the site think you are allready logged on ?? Excuse my ignorance on this, but i seem to have read that somewhere and i believe there is software to accomplish this.
    i suppose this is definetly possible but the problem will be that all return communication will go to the real owner of the spoofed ip adress. so you may be logged in but your never gonna recieve any data.

proxies are the way to go to stay anon.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    @james_bond_rulez, ip spoofing is not hacking
    It can be used for destructive purposes but as everyone knows privacy is a major issue these days. If you find this hacking go report the pinned topic about proxy servers and how to use them

Privacy my friend is not hacking. Everyone who have concerns should do so
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Lounge   -   #14
    @UKMan, a server has to be really dumb and filled with security holes to have something like that.
    An Ip address in the server&#39;s domain only tells you that you are not remote. You still have to login. Softwares like VPN allow you to have your IP in the range of the host. Many universities allow remote connections through VPN. Without that you dont even get a username/password.

It is highly unlikely that it can be done as simple as that. Needs a little bit more
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Lounge   -   #15
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Well, as ugc is well and truly satisfied and also I.am and 4play have given decent answers, mus&#39;nt forget JBR&#39;s answer too, i guess this topic can close with a successfull conclusion

Thx guys And no secrets where given away

Peace
    UKMan

6. Lounge   -   #16
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    wanna play with spoofing your ip addy
    http://adm.freelsd.net/ADM/ADM-spoof.c
    your gonna need *nix to compile it though. and its really dull once its done because you will never know if the recipient recieved it or not -_-

7. Lounge   -   #17
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 4play@19 November 2003 - 20:13
    wanna play with spoofing your ip addy
    http://adm.freelsd.net/ADM/ADM-spoof.c
    your gonna need *nix to compile it though. and its really dull once its done because you will never know if the recipient recieved it or not -_-
    Now i think you have really closed this thread

8. Lounge   -   #18
    IBTL Now now, that is wrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12