Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of the franchise?

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    With the announcement by his publicist that Paul Walker has died is it also the end of the Fast & Furious franchise? Fast & Furious 7 is in production at the moment and part way through filming so will need a major rewrite to account for the death of one of the lead characters.

Also call me tactless, but am I the only one that finds it ironic that Paul Walker died in a fiery car crash, when he made a career out of acting in the franchise as a 'premiere wheelman'.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I've only seen the first Fast and Furious. It was OK. He played some other small roles in movies I liked though; Varsity Blues and Pleasantville. On top of young, handsome, and successful, he always seemed like a nice guy too.

yo

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    RIP Paul Walker!

This is the car after the accident..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dion09529; 12-01-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Re:The end of the franchise?

You're a Hollywood executive with two ex-wives,a bad cocaine habit,a 12 million dollar house in Malibu and up until now,The Fast and the Furious has been your only real success.

Next stupid question.

Anyway after reading Paul Walker's mini-bio contained in the news reports of his death,he did seem to be a genuinely nice guy,so R.I.P.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Vin Diesel will ride 4 him.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Anyway after reading Paul Walker's mini-bio contained in the news reports of his death,he did seem to be a genuinely nice guy,so R.I.P.
    I asked if it was tactless finding it ironic that he died in a rather spectacular car accident when his career was primarily about avoiding such accidents, not his relative merits as a human being. That being said, his was another life taken prematurely, and by all accounts he was a genuinely good person, but it does not change the irony of the situation.

As to the question is the end of the franchise, from a purely storyline point of view rather than cash flow, the franchise is going to struggle for a direction now. One of the major points of the series was the play off between Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's characters as they saved each other from more and more diabolical traps to reach the goal in each movie. With Paul Walker's death there is no more byplay between the characters, and a major part of the formula that made these movies work is gone.

The point of the thread is to open a debate about where the Fast & Furious franchise could go from here.
    Last edited by Artemis; 12-01-2013 at 11:19 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    RIP Paul Walker!

This is the car after the accident..
    Um, I'm actually getting this news here, but I'd have to say, "Too fast, Paul."

EDIT- As with all of the other early Hollywood death, certainly we are about to hear what a GREAT ACTOR we lost.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 12-01-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

I asked if it was tactless finding it ironic that he died in a rather spectacular car accident when his career was primarily about avoiding such accidents, not his relative merits as a human being. That being said, his was another life taken prematurely, and by all accounts he was a genuinely good person, but it does not change the irony of the situation.

As to the question is the end of the franchise, from a purely storyline point of view rather than cash flow, the franchise is going to struggle for a direction now. One of the major points of the series was the play off between Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's characters as they saved each other from more and more diabolical traps to reach the goal in each movie. With Paul Walker's death there is no more byplay between the characters, and a major part of the formula that made these movies work is gone.

The point of the thread is to open a debate about where the Fast & Furious franchise could go from here.
    OK my apologies and I feel bad and everything.So bad in fact that I went to all the time and trouble of contacting the two groups most responsible for the continued success of the franchise to get the facts straight.

First the 13 year old boys said "Paul who? Vin who? Oh you mean those two old guys who aren't The Rock".
    "Lol,I only like the movies cuz of the cool cars and the hawt women and becuz you don't have to pay attention all the time while watching and can talk and go get popcorn and stuff,rofl".

Then I spoke to a rep for Universal Studios who told me that while Mr. Walker was a huge part of the FatF family,since the last movie brought in $750 million dollars about the only thing that could stop them from making another was if the World was to be suddenly completely submerged in water and even then they would test to see in the audience would accept them racing boats.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    You know, the world being completely submerged in water could make a great movie script...... it could even be called 'Waterworld', you know because the world is covered in water.....

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I might be totally wrong here, as I just heard this today, but it was said he was just a passenger in the vehicle, not the driver.

(Either way.. R.I.P )

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast