Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: what are some good movies to watch

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    "Lone Survivor"

(...gets a very good nod here. 'nuff said.)
    After listening to the audio version of reading the book I felt somewhat let down by the ending.It was a little bit convenient and contrived, especially considering most of the things leading up to it were more grounded in fact.
    Also I can't believe people comparing, in terms of visceral realism, the battle scene to the opening one in Saving Private Ryan.

Personally I'm glad they don't equate ,as up to that point Lone Survivor had done a good job of making you care for the characters and dulling the carnage to give each a (slightly) gentler and in a couple cases, heroic death lessened the blow a bit even if possibly at the same time also lessening the overall impact of the movie.

One thing that bothered me though and I couldn't stop thinking about,was how identical the music was in this to another one of Berg's movies, The Kingdom.
    Try as I might not to,every time the music played I was thinking "Kingdom" and not about what was happening onscreen.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #112
    I'd recommend checking out some of the directors that are often listed on 'best directors' lists. In particular Ingmar Bergman, Andrei Tarkovsky, Akira Kurosawa, and Stanley Kubrick. Those are 4 filmographies definitely worth getting into, and each one of them was very different from one another so you can find one to appeal to your specific tastes.

3. Movies & TV   -   #113
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by scopedog View Post
    I'd recommend checking out some of the directors that are often listed on 'best directors' lists. In particular Ingmar Bergman, Andrei Tarkovsky, Akira Kurosawa, and Stanley Kubrick.
    I take it that you like to be confused and depressed a lot.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #114
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I take it that you like to be confused and depressed a lot.
    Yep, that is my forte actually.

5. Movies & TV   -   #115
    Lone Survivor was good; been told I should read the book.

6. Movies & TV   -   #116
    I'd recommend the movie Ravenous for having the best darn soundtrack ever made. Its just so fitting and unique, it actually adds to the film and sort of makes it this bizarre black comedy horror of sorts. Definitely one of my favorites, but its not for everyone. While some see a creative and amazing film, others see an average B horror. Obviously I'm in the former category.

7. Movies & TV   -   #117
    Mr. Nobody

8. Movies & TV   -   #118
    dedro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Captain Phillips

good movie i thought

9. Movies & TV   -   #119
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I drug my feet a bit before watching Walter Mitty ​since I don't particularly like the over-the-top characters from Ben Stiller. This actually won me over in the first 20 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #120
    Anyone seen "The Family" with Robert De Niro? That was pretty awesome. It was funny, there was action, just pretty satisfying all around.

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast