Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Xp....need Help

Poster
    Originally posted by spyko05@22 November 2003 - 00:56
    srry for confusing all of u but what I meant is... LTJBukem said:
    You need to set your bios to boot from cdrom. To enter bios press f8 or delete when your computer is booting up. Look for boot from first device, change it to cdrom.
    What is the "BIOS" and "CHANGE IT TO CDROM" I just didn't understand anything.
    When you power on your computer the first thing that appears on the display is gfx card info, then that disappears and you see some memory test and/or IDE device searching... during this part there's normally instructions on which key to press to enter setup "Hit Delete to enter setup" on some - either Dell or Compaq computers say something like F2 though.
    These settings are BIOS settings, so normally switching on a puter and holding down the delete key will take you into the BIOS, where you can change things such as the boot sequence.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    thanks smurf that explains all...but in this case what should I change in there?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    also how comes my internet dont work on xp?
    is it because my connect is 56k (i know this is shit)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by rbodle
    also?
    Does that mean that spyko05 and rbodle are the same person?

You'll have to be more specific about your internet connection problem. Assuming that you have correctly entered your ISP details, it's likely that XP's modem driver is causing you problems. Try updating the modem driver.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    how do i do that

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Do you think you could give us a hand here? I mean give us some information? Just saying "internet doesn't work, what is it" is not going to elicit a helpful response due to the fact that it could be anything in the world causing the problem.
    Imagine you are a car mechanic and a customer calls you to say his car won't start and wants to know what the problem is. It would be great if he told you Al Quaida had blown it up before you wasted time trying to find out what the problem is, eh?

Right, to help you with your internet we're gonna need the following information:
    - Who is your ISP?
    - How do you normally connect to the internet? Do you click your ISP's icon on the desktop, just open Internet Explorer, or what?
    - What happens when you try to connect? IE opens but doesn't do anything? Nothing? The mouse pointer changes to an hourglass for a second then goes back to normal and nothing else? What happens?
    - What doesn't happen that normally does when you try to connect?
    - Anything else you can think of - don't think that people are going to laugh or flame you for being 'stupid' cuz we were all novices at some point and we've all had to ask simple questions.

BTW, 56k is not shit... 14,400 is shit, m8!
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Oh, and if Windows pops up a message or requester when you try to connect, DO NOT just say "Windows pops up this message something about settings" cuz I'll just ignore you forever more; if you see messages or anything pop up, write it down and quote it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Im not rbodle, he's just changing the subject in the wrong post.lol

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by rbodle@23 November 2003 - 07:32
    also how comes my internet dont work on xp?
    is it because my connect is 56k (i know this is shit)
    <image edited out>
    2. Posts containing subject matter deemed grotesque, disturbing, obscene, malicious, or of a sexual nature may be edited or deleted. Images containing complete nudity are not allowed, and nude images in which the subject(s) are topless may only be posted in the Lounge area.
    I know it was just a joke, but that picture could really offend or upset someone. Think of those who have disabled relatives or even have disabilities themselves.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Don&#39;t be a prick all your life, MadDog.

spyko05. You seem to be new to computing, there&#39;s nothing the matter with that. You might find this site helpful, it&#39;ll teach you the basics.

http://www.onlinehelp-uk.com/guide/health.htm

If you need further instrucions, try first typing them into a search engine; www.google.com is probably the best. For example, if you needed help on modem drivers, type "modem drivers help" into the box, you&#39;ll then be given lots of sites on the subject. If you&#39;re still stuck, come back here and ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12