Thread: I know this is probably a stupid question.

Unsure

I'm sorry in advance. Is there a trick to the NZB search on this forum? It never seems to work for me. I looked through a guides and didn't notice anything on the search. I've tried using wildcards and search operators. I've tried without. I've copied and pasted a title from a release directly from the index and I still almost always get zero results.

Heck I even tried searching for "nzb search" on the forum search and couldn't find anything useful. I'm guessing I can't be the only person that is this stupid that he can't figure out the search.

T

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/

If you type what you're looking for under "Search NZBs" there and click on Submit, that works. Sometimes search (of any kind) breaks in the forum, but you get an error message when it happens.

Can you give some examples of terms you found no results for?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    IDK what the OP has tried, but there are some keywords that can screw up searches.

Try searching for "I'm not there", without the quotes, fex.

Given that "not" is an operator, searches containing it will either bug out, or possibly just filter out a bunch of results, depending on how someone formats their string/query/whatever.

Then again, it might just be that everything he's tried searching for happened to get baleeted in the small whoopsie a while back.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-24-2013 at 06:24 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    IDK what the OP has tried, but there are some keywords that can screw up searches.

Try searching for "I'm not there", without the quotes, fex.
    That's interesting. "I'm not here" gives an error about a non-computable query. "That's not here" works. "l't not here" outputs the same error as the first one, so it might be related to where the apostrophe is placed. Replacing it with a backtick yields the same result. Using a standard quotation mark results in "unexpected $end near "".

I moved this to the ERTTB, maybe tesco will see it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    When I type "I'm not here" I get:

index album,albumdelta,article,articlecomment,articlecommentdelta,articledelta,blogcomment,blogcommentdelta,blogentry,blogentrydelta,collection,collectiondelta,faq,faqdelta,forum,forumdelta,picture,picturecomment,picturecommentdelta,picturedelta,post1,post2,post3,post4,postdelta,staticpage,staticpagedelta,thread1,thread2,thread3,thread4,threaddelta: query is non-computable (single NOT operator)

But if I drop the apostrophe & type "Im not here" I get normal results.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    When I type "I'm not here" I get:

index album,albumdelta,article,articlecomment,articlecommentdelta,articledelta,blogcomment,blogcommentdelta,blogentry,blogentrydelta,collection,collectiondelta,faq,faqdelta,forum,forumdelta,picture,picturecomment,picturecommentdelta,picturedelta,post1,post2,post3,post4,postdelta,staticpage,staticpagedelta,thread1,thread2,thread3,thread4,threaddelta: query is non-computable (single NOT operator)

But if I drop the apostrophe & type "Im not here" I get normal results.
    That's when doing a regular (not nzb) search, isn't it?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    No, it was an NZB search...But I can't get it to do it now. Now I just get the "index collection,collectiondelta: query is non-computable (single NOT operator)" message. (Unless I eliminate the apostrophe)

EDIT: Hmmm...Maybe you're right. I might have accidentally entered it into the regular search box by mistake. I just tried it there, and got the long error listed above. Weird though...If I eliminate the apostrophe it doesn't do it there either.
    Last edited by teflon05; 07-25-2013 at 12:06 AM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    My issue seems to be resolved. Yesterday I was search for "Oblivion" and I was getting zero results. Even though I could actually see several releases of Oblivion just not the quality I was looking for. I've had this issue in the past so I'll just chalk it up to being a glitch. Thanks for the help though