Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's The Best Speed?

Benno's Avatar Poster
    I have a 52x burner and I always let Nero do this speed test first and then burn it at that speed, AFAIK i havent had any problems yet and i think if they sell 52x burner it will also be able to burn at 52x without fucking up cds

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. Music   -   #12
    i always burn ASAP (as slow as possible)
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Music   -   #13
    Poster
    well my burner is at 6X well because it an old one but still the cds are high quality

4. Music   -   #14
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Almost every burner on the market has a huge buffer so that burning speed has little to do with quality. Burn at 1x or 52x, shouldn't make any difference. This 'old wives tale' has been kicking around since the days of 2x burners.
    Proud member of MDS

5. Music   -   #15
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    i normally burn my stuff with the second highest available for example:

a 48x disc i would burn at 40x

a 32x disc i would burn at 24x

and ive never had a erroneus burn or bad quality when burning music but as someone said every burner is different and a lot of the time it is trial and error
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

6. Music   -   #16
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@21 November 2003 - 21:12
    i always burn ASAP (as slow as possible)
    DAMN!

About a year and a half ago I burned my entire CD collection so that I would have nothing but worthless CD-r's in my car. That way if my CD's were stolen, I would only have lost about $100 in CD-r's instead of the $2600+ I actually spent on the originals. It took me about 3 weeks to do so, at 32x. I burned over 200 CD's. I couldn't imagine doing this if I burned at 1x the whole time.

7. Music   -   #17
    I burn @ 48X and my CD's always come out great

8. Music   -   #18
    Poster
    I have a 40x burner with Buffer Underun and shit to stop from fucking up the cds but I still burn at 2x I was getting a lot of errors at burning at the fastest speeds like sometimes the burn never completeted at other times it completed but when played some songs played like they were scrathed even though their was no scraths on the cd. I have never had a error burning at slow speeds and it always works perfectly for me I have heard in the past that you should burn at a slower speed so that your dvd player, cd player or whatever can read it proplery because they read them at certain speeds a example 32x but if you burnt at 40x you might encounter problems.

9. Music   -   #19
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I always burn at max speed (32x max) and never have any coasters, errors, or quality problems.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Music   -   #20
    old school
    Originally posted by Ma5t3rM1nD@21 November 2003 - 18:28
    I have a 40x burner with Buffer Underun and shit to stop from fucking up the cds but I still burn at 2x I was getting a lot of errors at burning at the fastest speeds like sometimes the burn never completeted at other times it completed but when played some songs played like they were scrathed even though their was no scraths on the cd.
    I had the same problem once
    usually if this occurs it's best to burn the disc again at a slower speed
    normally i burn at 40x and it sounds great everytime (cept once)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast