Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Optimizing My Internet Connection?

Originally posted by 3223@23 November 2003 - 13:31

i remember in the corner of my taskbar there used to be a computer screen and when you put your mouse over it it would say the connection speed. how do i get it back?
    the little computer screens don't tell you what speed you are getting it just lies, if it was acurate then I would be getting 100kbps more than what im getting

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mik3ll+23 November 2003 - 20:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mik3ll @ 23 November 2003 - 20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3223@23 November 2003 - 13:31
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@23 November 2003 - 05:31
    Originally posted by 3223@23 November 2003 - 04:45
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mik3ll
    @23 November 2003 - 03:49
    I just downloaded a file from download.com.

And you dont install it, just run the exe, then pick which modem you have, then at the bottom select optimal settings, then apply setting.

before you do this, go to file, then select backup current settings.

how can you tell how fast ur connection is going? i wanna know b4 i install it cause i wanna see the speed difference&#33;

Go to http://download.com and download a file. Then once you install it, backup the settings, then optimize it, then restart your system, then download the same file again.

when i go to that site it says at the top of IE forbidden. what shoud i do?
    Im not sure about this problem, the link is working fine for me, try this site http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php and download TCP Optimizer, its the same exact program.

i remember in the corner of my taskbar there used to be a computer screen and when you put your mouse over it it would say the connection speed. how do i get it back?
    Go to start, my computer, then on the side, right click on my network places, then select properties, then double click on your connection, then select properties, then at the bottom, check show icon in notification area when connected. [/b][/quote]
    thnxs

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by k&#045;liteuserintheworld+23 November 2003 - 22:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (k-liteuserintheworld @ 23 November 2003 - 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3223@23 November 2003 - 13:31

the little computer screens don&#39;t tell you what speed you are getting it just lies, if it was acurate then I would be getting 100kbps more than what im getting [/b][/quote]
    that may be true becuase before i changed the settings and after it was still at 100 Mbps. how can i tell the REAL connection speed. maybe a program or something... i dont know

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3223+24 November 2003 - 01:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3223 @ 24 November 2003 - 01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by k&#045;liteuserintheworld@23 November 2003 - 22:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-3223
    @23 November 2003 - 13:31

the little computer screens don&#39;t tell you what speed you are getting it just lies, if it was acurate then I would be getting 100kbps more than what im getting
    that may be true becuase before i changed the settings and after it was still at 100 Mbps. how can i tell the REAL connection speed. maybe a program or something... i dont know [/b][/quote]
    Just download a file from anywhere, like http://download.com.

And at the bottom, at the 2 computers, mine says 11 mbps, cause im on a router.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    @3223
    try this (or browse around their site)
    http://www.webattack.com/get/dlulmeter.html
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123