Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Shows worth Watching

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by EriTay View Post
    [...]Handmaid's Tale
    Unless you are an axe-grinding, overalls-wearing, buzzcut-styled, I-eat-men's-souls-because-they-are-all-evil feminist-- I doubt you will find Men Want to Do THIS to US Tale worth 30 minutes of your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #272
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EriTay View Post
    [...]Handmaid's Tale
    Unless you are an axe-grinding, overalls-wearing, buzzcut-styled, I-eat-men's-souls-because-they-are-all-evil feminist-- I doubt you will find Men Want to Do THIS to US Tale worth 30 minutes of your life.
    Yes, you still got it.

@Meg: Best Oscar Predictions?
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-03-2018 at 03:23 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #273
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post

Meg says some Black or Asian will win something. He can't say exactly who as in his words "They all look alike to me".
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-03-2018 at 10:45 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #274
    There are only a handful of movies I have felt were outstanding this year: Ferdinand, Blade Runner 2049, Last Jedi (Luke Fucking Skywalker!!!), Guardians 2, Logan (for what it was),

Good, but not as great as said to be: Dunkirk, Get Out, Darkest Hour, Shape of Water (Dark Splash remake), Roman J., Esq., Beauty and Idol, Baby Driver,

Have not seen yet: I, Tonya, Phantom Thread

Seen, but can fuck off: :Lady Bird (teen angst and self pity countered by quirky shit-- watched 30 minutes before vomiting on my remote), Three Billboards (suffered through whole thing hoping for something worthy of my attention-- not at all)

Personally, i'd give special effects awards. Blade Runner was a very well done sequel as were Jedi, Logan, and Guardians 2. Ferdinand I *loved*... Still award worthy??? IDK. On the benchmark of "Would I purchase any of these to have forever?" All but Ferdinand fall short.

Best of the year means far less during as year of disappointments and made-for-award-show-acclaim.

Here's the list and predictions from Forbes:
    Spoiler: Show
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #275
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    There are only a handful of movies I have felt were outstanding this year: Ferdinand, Blade Runner 2049, Last Jedi (Luke Fucking Skywalker!!!), Guardians 2, Logan (for what it was),

Good, but not as great as said to be: Dunkirk, Get Out, Darkest Hour, Shape of Water (Dark Splash remake), Roman J., Esq., Beauty and Idol, Baby Driver,

Have not seen yet: I, Tonya, Phantom Thread

Seen, but can fuck off: :Lady Bird (teen angst and self pity countered by quirky shit-- watched 30 minutes before vomiting on my remote), Three Billboards (suffered through whole thing hoping for something worthy of my attention-- not at all)

Personally, i'd give special effects awards. Blade Runner was a very well done sequel as were Jedi, Logan, and Guardians 2. Ferdinand I *loved*... Still award worthy??? IDK. On the benchmark of "Would I purchase any of these to have forever?" All but Ferdinand fall short.

Best of the year means far less during as year of disappointments and made-for-award-show-acclaim.

Here's the list and predictions from Forbes:
    I mostly concur. Especially special effects awards to Blade Runner.

I go with Best Film (and Director) "The Shape of Water (Back up or layoff bet... "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
    Best Actor: Gary Oldman "Darkest Hour"
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"

Big party tonight betting and such. Thank YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post

Meg says some Black or Asian will win something. He can't say exactly who as in his words "They all look alike to me".
    You know Idol? You never fail to make me smile or laugh... (especially when you point that razor sharp wit at Meg) ...but as it has been over these years... I know you just love the guy.

(NO, unrequited or not you REALLY love him.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-05-2018 at 05:32 PM. Reason: `nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

6. Movies & TV   -   #276
    The Best Picture Oscar isn't voted on like the other categories. For Best Picture people give first, second and third choices and the winner is determined by aggregate score. Therefore something like Get Out will probably benefit more from that than a more artistically brave(ie divisive) movie would.

Also in Hollywood you can never underestimate the desire to appear politically correct.

Btw I don't care how much Meg praises it. I refuse to see Ferdinand as I've never like ABBA.

Actually of all the movies mentioned I've only seen Guardians and the fight scenes from Logan that were on a YouTube video. I hear that Willem Dafoe killed it in The Florida Project though, whatever that means.

7. Movies & TV   -   #277
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    The Best Picture Oscar isn't voted on like the other categories. For Best Picture people give first, second and third choices and the winner is determined by aggregate score. Therefore something like Get Out will probably benefit more from that than a more artistically brave(ie divisive) movie would.

Also in Hollywood you can never underestimate the desire to appear politically correct.

Btw I don't care how much Meg praises it. I refuse to see Ferdinand as I've never like ABBA.

Actually of all the movies mentioned I've only seen Guardians and the fight scenes from Logan that were on a YouTube video. I hear that Willem Dafoe killed it in The Florida Project though, whatever that means.

Thank you Meg & Idol! "Money" -Pink Floyd playing in my head... better'un fantasy football! Ka-Ching!

"Get Out" got its nod, but haven't watched Willem Dafoe who you say killed it in "The Florida Project" or "I,Tonya"... never liked her.
    "Lady Bird" was good too.
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-05-2018 at 05:36 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.

8. Movies & TV   -   #278
    Seriously??? You liked Lady Bird? Saoirse is always a good actress, but I found the tone of the show unbearable.

I, Florida and Tonya Project are my next watches...

9. Movies & TV   -   #279
    As Meg's favourite pickup line is apparently "Hey, sailor. I certainly like the cut of your jib" I wouldn't be too concerned if you and he don't see eye to eye on everything, Stehle.

10. Movies & TV   -   #280
    As Meg's favourite pickup line is apparently "Hey, sailor. I certainly like the cut of your jib" I wouldn't be too concerned if you and he don't see eye to eye on everything, Stehle.
    Says they guy who just starts working on anything stuck through the hole in the bathroom stall...