Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast

Thread: Shows worth Watching

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Seriously??? You liked Lady Bird? Saoirse is always a good actress, but I found the tone of the show unbearable.

I, Florida and Tonya Project are my next watches...
    Umm...yes, viewed it with my {ahem} ex-wife... Remember I went to a Parochial school... such memories...

(Remember... "Mr Gimello", a recent Vietnam War veteran turned teacher too soon after that taught us religion in the 3rd grade... either PTSD or or LSD, but way to many flashbacks. I still cringe at those stories.)

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    As Meg's favourite pickup line is apparently "Hey, sailor. I certainly like the cut of your jib" I wouldn't be too concerned if you and he don't see eye to eye on everything, Stehle.
    I swear if you guys teamed or teemed... ...up as a comedy team you could make millions!

(I would watch... I like to watch.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-06-2018 at 03:52 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #282
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Watched Florida Project last night. That seems to explain *a lot* about Florida. Guess it's valuable info to know how the average Floridian family lives. Good documentary...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #283
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Watched Florida Project last night. That seems to explain *a lot* about Florida. Guess it's valuable info to know how the average Floridian family lives. Good documentary...
    Amen to that!!

(...and now we return to the real current broadcast topic of this tread. Thank you and good night.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-07-2018 at 07:43 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Movies & TV   -   #284
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I didn't need to watch it.... Been there and seen it

And actually the golf courses in Disney are amazing as well

Now i am waiting for the movie about Universal Studios Florida (right around the corner from Disney), that should be a box office hit

I can tell you,the majority of the movies were really shit this year (jeez i sound like Idol now!!),but i have to say at least Mollys Game was by far one of the best movies out there to view, that i really enjoyed.

Again just my opinion...
    Last edited by shaina; 03-07-2018 at 08:16 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #285
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I only watch golf movies now so I shall rate them.

Caddyshack 9/10
    Tin Cup 8/10
    Happy Gilmore 6/10 Current Adam Sandler has poisoned my opinion of past Adam Sandler.
    Legend of Bagger Vance 8/10 I am a sucker for sentiment and have no taste.
    The Greatest Game Ever Played 7/10
    Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius 6/10
    Follow the Sun 5/10
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #286
    shaina's Avatar Poster

Caddyshack 10/10
    Tin Cup 8/10
    Happy Gilmore 6/10 Current Adam Sandler has poisoned my opinion of past Adam Sandler.
    Follow the Sun 5/10
    You missed a few

Caddyshack 2 8/10 (Vhaat not a Jackie Mason fan Na NON Na NON Na NON Na NON!!! (think old Greenie Jewish guy saying Vhaat!!!)
    Who's Your Caddy 6/10

PS. The Truth Idol, what did you think of Mollys Game?? And i had to fix Dangerfield Caddyshack to a perfect 10
    And since this is a Show tread, have you watched TV series Bosch?? I thought it was pretty good

7. Movies & TV   -   #287
    I enjoyed the first season of Bosch. Season 2 seems pretty good, but I'm only about half way through.

Molly's Game was enjoyable. Ultimately, it only comes down to a couple of plot points:

Spoiler: Show

Still a 7/10.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #288
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

Caddyshack 10/10
    Tin Cup 8/10
    Follow the Sun 5/10
    You missed a few

Caddyshack 2 8/10 (Vhaat not a Jackie Mason fan Na NON Na NON Na NON Na NON!!! (think old Greenie Jewish guy saying Vhaat!!!)
    Who's Your Caddy 6/10

PS. The Truth Idol, what did you think of Mollys Game?? And i had to fix Dangerfield Caddyshack to a perfect 10
    And since this is a Show tread, have you watched TV series Bosch?? I thought it was pretty good
    An argument can be made for Caddyshack being the best comedy ever but if you rate it a 10 you are implying that nothing can or will ever exceed it. I'm trying to leave a bit of wiggle room for that possibility and also I like to overthink everything.

I haven't seen Molly's Game. I've barely watched any movies this year as I've been too busy doing other stuff, mostly overthinking. Likewise haven't seen Bosch as I try to avoid anything produced by Amazon or Netfix if at all possible.

I know that doesn't make any sense but don't question me about it because it took a lot of overthinking to get me to this point.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #289
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I enjoyed the first season of Bosch. Season 2 seems pretty good, but I'm only about half way through.
    Molly's Game was enjoyable. Ultimately, it only comes down to a couple of plot points:
    I thought all 3 seasons of Bosch were entertaining

And thinking of you plot points and knowing it was based on a true story, your points was the story, so your essay i will give you a B+..

Giving it a 7 What did you think really beat out Mollys Game for entertainment?? I haven't watched the The Shape of Water yet, but saying that i did like Hell Boy, but not Beauty and the Beast movie (meaning non animated one)...

PS. I was doing some work on my server and had it shut down, so i watched a movie on netflix Unlocked (2017), not sure if it was ever in our theaters or considered a B movie ?? , with Michael Douglas and John Malkovich
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1734493/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4
    I thought it was pretty good
    Last edited by shaina; 03-08-2018 at 01:00 AM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #290
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    I thought all 3 seasons of Bosch were entertaining

And thinking of you plot points and knowing it was based on a true story, your points was the story, so your essay i will give you a B+..

Giving it a 7 What did you think really beat out Mollys Game for entertainment?? I haven't watched the The Shape of Water yet, but saying that i did like Hell Boy, but not Beauty and the Beast movie (meaning non animated one)...

PS. I was doing some work on my server and had it shut down, so i watched a movie on netflix Unlocked (2017), not sure if it was ever in our theaters or considered a B movie ?? , with Michael Douglas and John Malkovich
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1734493/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4
    I thought it was pretty good
    The only other good ones that I haven't already mentioned are: Thor: Ragnarok, Wonder Woman, American Made, Wind River, John Wick 2

I can't even remember which season of Bosch I'm on-- they all look the same to me...

Unlocked was alright. Sadly, 'entertaining' is all we can say about any of the top movies of the year, and *much* less about anything else that came out.

Shape of Water is literally a remake of Splash written by a goth kid who had to turn in an 'original' script for his homework. Watchable, but once you know where the *entire* storyline was stolen from, it doesn't deserve any awards.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast