Page 33 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23303132333435364383 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Something Great - One Word.

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Would you have kept a child with Down syndrome, Shay?
    The answer to your question......
    -If i knew before the kid was born ..... YES!!!!
    -If i found out after the kid was born......YES!!!

Reality

2. Lounge   -   #322
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Illusion

Why the amnio, which has a slight risk factor for the fetus? We left the question unanswered because of that risk.

In your Synagogue, how many people attend vs how many have children with DS?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #323
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Illusion
    Why the amnio, which has a slight risk factor for the fetus? We left the question unanswered because of that risk.
    In your Synagogue, how many people attend vs how many have children with DS?
    The Doctor acutally got the dates wrong on the actual date of conception , and we wanted to know ahead of time if there was anything wrong with the fetus (it was our first child not the twins).
    And because it was our first we did want to know , and be prepared on the results before my son was born (after test we knew it was a boy)...
    And the results did show that the Doctor did get the dates wrong (which my wife already knew), and there was no issues with my son......
    And if you actually want to know there is Jewish kids with DS and minor/major Behavioral issues and disabilities , and i see it In 2 of the Synagogues i go to.
    In the Torah , you never abandon a child regardless of any so called problems or issues. Life is Life .......

Factual

4. Lounge   -   #324
    air conditioning (it has been 90-100 degrees F here every day for the past week)Good to hear all of that- especially the health of your son. I was curious about the members of the synagogues because at ~94% 'opt-out' rate, religious and political lines are being crossed.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #325
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Good to hear all of that- especially the health of your son. I was curious about the members of the synagogues because at ~94% 'opt-out' rate, religious and political lines are being crossed.
    Thank you for your concern..
    Yet I don't understand your point nor your statistic......

Loyalty
    Last edited by shaina; 06-11-2015 at 07:01 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #326
    Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Good to hear all of that- especially the health of your son. I was curious about the members of the synagogues because at ~94% 'opt-out' rate, religious and political lines are being crossed.
    Than you for your concern..
    Yet I don't understand your point nor your statistic......

Loyalty
    About 94% of people who know ahead of the birth abort, when they learn of Down syndrome. This is in the entire western world (US, UK, Canadia, etc.). I have data from my thesis research, which I knew prior while reading about Down's before our son was born.

We have a lot of Christians and Catholics in this area, but almost no Down syndrome children... This means either God is ensuring that their children are all born without Down's, or they are.

7. Lounge   -   #327
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    communion

Sounds like it could be a great debate to discuss in the Lounge.....
    Last edited by shaina; 06-10-2015 at 06:29 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #328
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    (Sounds like it could be a great debate to discuss in the Lounge.....)

The drawing room is the place for discussing serious issues. It is strict and nobody is allowed to go off the subject being discussed.

obtusion
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #329
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    The drawing room is the place for discussing serious issues. It is strict and nobody is allowed to go off the subject being discussed.
    Isn't that the place you need to know the secret handshake
    Or voice and eye recognition is needed??

Confession

10. Lounge   -   #330
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It used to be very busy at one time. Any serious discussion accidently posted in the lounge was moved into the drawing room.

inflection
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.