Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe your USENET Setup

SABNZB - Download
    SICKbeard / Couch potato - Auto download
    Sites - Many threads exist
    Provider - Astra / Giga - Both

Does anyone use anything different out there that might be better?

Open Source options only.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I'm probably not the typical use case but I'll chime in anyway.

The strongest alternative to an automated setup that I know of would be NZBGet & NzbDrone. Get runs on everything from RPis to NAS appliances.

I don't automate, so I use a combination of alt.binz and newsleecher. For providers primarily Astra with a half dozen block accts, mostly European.

EDIT: Beck38 posted this in another thread, pretty sound https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...37#post3727237
    Last edited by piercerseth; 01-21-2014 at 10:00 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    SAB and astraweb. I don't have anything automated either. I like to look through this site once a day. It has been a good resource to find new tv shows I have not yet heard of that way.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SAB/sickbeard/xbmc all i need

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Pretty extensive, although really nothing is 100% dedicated to it (machine wise).

SABnzb like most folks for max downloading

Don't need any 'auto' anything as very nearly 99.98% of broadcast tv is brain dead, and the .01% that's interesting eventually ends up on DVD (SD) or Bluray (HD OR SD) in far better quality than anything that's been captured off the air - still have a Hauppague HD-PVR for occasional HD movies and such that aren't on BR and (maybe) never will be.

Will go past 100TB of on-line storage this time next week (next stage of NAS is on order being checked as I write this).

Providers: Main/Astraweb, Blocknews, Giganews.

Many PC's 'in production' of heavy 24/7/365 posting and filling up all those Terabytes listed above. Everything I've ever done is either (or both) in on-line storage or burned to DVD/BR and posted to usenet.
    Last edited by Beck38; 01-22-2014 at 03:44 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    i use newsleecher then this site

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    pythoncancer's Avatar Poster
    Newsleecher with tweaknews .Simple and Compact

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Downloader: SABNZBD (With DogNZB Remote Push).
    Accounts: Astra, free hitnews, free newsfinder, free xennanews (Free Accounts Auto Updating)
    Renamer: TV.Renamer.v0.7.Beta2 No Longer In Production
    Media Player: Plex, Android TV Stick Using Plex

If It Doesn't Come Down Via SAB, Then I Result To uTorrent.
    Regards

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    DL - sabnzbd
    Sites - private ones
    USP - Cached/Relay articles from EU/US on custom servers

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Newsleecher via astraweb with tweaknews, blocknews and newsdemon for backup.

Astraweb is provided by my isp as part of my internet access, so no (extra) cost for that.

Manual renaming. NAS streaming to computers, media players and smart tv's throughout the house.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast