Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unpacking Kazaa 2.6

And...??? Too lazy, boys? Doesn't seem too hard!
    My old machine seems to be working now, and if it will keep working, i can have the unpacked file hosted somewhere. But for some reason, klboard crashes my system when i open it in ie. Others sites don't do that.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    looks there's some kind of spell of sharman lies over your pc then lol j/k
    but it would be nice if you or some one else can host it (maybe edkes ??) in this way the resource editors can go to work to tune it into a k-lite, such as the icons, menu's and textboxes , then it's only waiting for a loader to get rid of the spyware..

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    internet.news
    I tried it as well and what I got is something called
    "p2p networking..." in my tasks...

Just us K-Lite K++

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Anyone had any luck - I can get to the first breakpoint but after that softice goes to 2 unhandled exceptions and kazaa crashes.

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

STACK_OVERFLOW

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

This is what I get if I enter the break point on memory access with 576E71 x

what exactly are we looking for at that address - because I have a feeling it has changed on my machine.

How much ram did u have at the time of unpacking, maybe that is affecting the memory address.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Try using Win98. You must be using XP, and that's crap.

And just one thing: my hd died, with all on it. Lost all lesbians movies

576E71 is the entry point of the unpacked executable. The opcodes:
    558BEC

55 stands for Push ebp
    8BEC i don't remember.

Someone with W98 must give it a try. And can't be true that just me and you on this forum can use softice. I'll try to get the unpacked file on another machine, but it's so hard to find another machine besides these public computers.

EDIT:
    To Agent-Smith:
    Read here:
    http://www.woodmann.net/forum/showthread.p...onal+breakpoint

Wonderful for breaking when you know the opcodes: 558BEC
    Remember that on memory they are reversed.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    jakert50's Avatar Poster
    If you need some hosting, let me know. I can put it up on my site (Intrepid Studios). Just PM me if you want and I'll set up a user account for you on that site so you can upload stuff.

~Jaker B)

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    jakert50's Avatar Poster
    Quick Question.. I don't have 2.6 yet, but will those VB modules that allowed communication to older Kazaa's still work? I used those for KazIE (the post for that doesn't appear to be here anymore) and I'm wondering if KazIE will still work with the new version...

~Jaker

Edit: If you go to the site to download KazIE, there's a very old version up. I should probably update that. The new version is at www.intrepidstudios.net/KazIE35.zip
    Just FYI...

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by jakert50@11 December 2003 - 17:57
    Quick Question.. I don't have 2.6 yet, but will those VB modules that allowed communication to older Kazaa's still work? I used those for KazIE (the post for that doesn't appear to be here anymore) and I'm wondering if KazIE will still work with the new version...

~Jaker

Edit: If you go to the site to download KazIE, there's a very old version up. I should probably update that. The new version is at www.intrepidstudios.net/KazIE35.zip
    Just FYI...
    Quick answer: Yes it will.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Didn't random nut unpack kazaa.exe?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by Johnny_B@11 December 2003 - 19:26
    Didn't random nut unpack kazaa.exe?
    well yeah he unpacked it, how would you otherwise reverse engineer it... but that's not the point.. if some one can host the unpacked kazaa other devs that can't unpack it (cause it's protected) ,trough whatever problems, can work on programs for 2.6, resource sections can be changed --> turn outlook in to a lite (icons)and maybe some one can work on KLR and imporve it.. so if some one can host it, that will be a 'investment' in the developing of kazaa lite...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast