Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Pc Specs

Poster
    Originally posted by supersonic@25 November 2003 - 20:57

I will just go to Futureshop or best buy or sum other "Illegal" computer shops and ask for the best of everything. I hope I wont end up with 7000 bux
    "illegal" computer shop? do you mean like they shouldnt sell it or something?

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by supersonic@25 November 2003 - 20:57
    I will just go to Futureshop or best buy or sum other "Illegal" computer shops and ask for the best of everything. I hope I wont end up with 7000 bux
    bringing you up to date: the new 8x burners are out (dvd, not cd, lol) and those things cost 400 bucks! plus a supermonitor plue two 72gb raptors plus 2 250gb diamondmax HDs, plus a p4E (500&#036, plus...

your total: a whopping 15000 bucks! trust me: i know someone who did this last week, and they had true money to burn. obviously, when we get into the quintuple-digits, most of us (keyword: MOST) would go and buy a car instead (Id buy a mini. oh YEA&#33.

btw the 72gb raptor is just what anyone needs to get high. the speed on those things is FUCKING INSANE!!!!! plus, today, noone needs more than 80 gigs, and 72 is pretty close to 80, so i think the 80gig HD is much better than anything else you could buy.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    one last thing, for other pc builders out there who dont want a p4e or athlon 64, get a p4 2.4a/b/c (c is best).

A: 400fsb, no HT

B: 533fsb, no HT

C: 800fsb, yes HT

why? these suckers were the first of their kind on the smaller chipmaking process, and so, they produce the least heat, and thus, they can be overclocked to an INSANE AMOUNT!!!!! my example, a p4c upped to 3.1ghz. its not hard, and these chips are damn easy to cool!

just make sure your chip was "made in malaysia" cuz everywhere else, they are made with poor quality.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    lol, for dell to make an equivilent computer to my test rig in the custom buld is 10k+ hehehehehehehe (i know i didn't pay that much hehehehehe )

anyways if you just really want to good comp, then go and get yourself the new 64 bit proccesors, or get yourself a G5 you can use multiple os's at the same time etc... and you can get dual proccesors, and it is very overclockable with default cooling... hehehehehe and less then 6k hehehehe

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by GCNaddict@25 November 2003 - 14:33
    my example, a p4c upped to 3.1ghz. its not hard, and these chips are damn easy to cool!

just make sure your chip was "made in malaysia" cuz everywhere else, they are made with poor quality.
    Wait just a minute.

You're talking about upping the clockspeed by almost 1/3 and claiming that it's "damn easy to cool"?

This begs for a real world example.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Poster
    thanks for the tips GCNaddict

and i agree:i dont think most people ( i dont) use more than 80gb so thse 2 raptors would be sweet

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Poster
    yepz,
    for the 1 who asked about what I meant by illegal (it is a shop, were u find hardware/software with no taxes and/or illegal refill inks, not allowed harware by the govn'y etc). In Canada taxes are 15% of every item u buy.
    that is true, I only need a fast comp. not a maniac monster machine like Bill Gates' probably.
    thanks for suggestions, I will go and buy these(except the Dvd burner) be'cause it is useless 4 me.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345