Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem Installing Call Of Duty

You are right bawa.

The downloaded file (cd2) is a BIN Image, so I understand that I should burn this directly to a cd, without using Isobuster.

But when I try to burn it, it's too big! The file is 732 MB and my cd is only 700 MB?

Is there an other way to do this (without using deamon tools, because that's too complicated)??

2. Games   -   #12
    Originally posted by tHe LiNk@24 November 2003 - 07:46
    Links to daemon tools and its tutorial in signature
    tHe LiNk, I downloaded Daemon Tools from the link in your signature and I've read the guide on how to mount files on a Virtual Device. I loaded the .cue file from dev-codb and it loaded succesfully, but the screen told me that I needed to click quit and insert the first CD. But whilst I'm installing the first CD, it isn't possible to minimize the install window and open dev-codb.bin

I'm a bit confused, can you please tell me in simple terms what I now need to do? Thanks

3. Games   -   #13
    Poster
    when it asks u for cd2 just click on windows button on ur task...then open deamon tools and mount image (cd2)...the rest of ur installation should be done then.
    Not sure if I helped but I got ur thread up on the first page sonny

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    are people really this stupid that they cant fallow simply steps. and why the hell would someone use ISOBuster or WinIso to convert a bin unless their burn prog doesn't support the type of extension. but how hard is it to right click the Daemon tool icon at the bottom right corner pick what drive to mount it, mount CD1 when it ask for CD 2 then right click on that same icon mount CD2 then push ok. and if the install screen takes up the whole monitor then press Alt-Tab to minimize that. if you cant do that then i'd reccomend not trying any more you might hurt yourself.

5. Games   -   #15
    My problem is now solved

Thanks to everyone who helped me and told me how to use Daemon Tools.

Feel free to delete this topic now Mods.

6. Games   -   #16
    Oggy, how did you do it??

I finally downloaded Daemon tools and I understand how it works.

I start the Call of Duty installation with cd1 (from my harddisk), and when it asks for cd2 I mounted the image file of cd2 (bin image) with d-tools.

But when I press OK it still won't continue the installation??

I even tried to mount the cue-file of cd2, but even that didn't work!

What am I doing wrong??

7. Games   -   #17
    Doesn't anyone have an idea??

I just did the same with NFS Underground, and that worked perfect!

What's the problem with COD then, and am I the only one with this problem

Any suggestions??

8. Games   -   #18
    Are you mounting CD2 from the Daemon Tools system tray icon. or are you mounting CD 2 from the pop up window that asks you to insert CD 2

9. Games   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mogito@30 November 2003 - 21:45
    Doesn't anyone have an idea??

I just did the same with NFS Underground, and that worked perfect!

What's the problem with COD then, and am I the only one with this problem

Any suggestions??
    Burn them the images to disc if you caa't figure Daemon tools out. The 732 mb file will fit on your 700 mb disc,trust me it will. Images are not the same as data.
    Please don't come back to say that it is 732 mb and won't fit on a 700 mb cd as you have already said that and 5 people have already told you it will. You should check out the "Burning bins and cues" sticky. It tells you all about how to do this.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

10. Games   -   #20
    Yes Russo, I did it with the tray icon in the right corner and it just wouldn't work!

And do you really think that I didn't try to burn it on a cd? Of course I did, and it just wouldn't fit!

But as I said, I understand Daemon tools (cause it worked with NFS) and I would like to know how to do it with those tools!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast