Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PC, Console or Both?

console for me with bits of PC for very specific games (WarCraft II/III, StarCraft I/II). Traditionally I'm a Nintendo owner

2. Games   -   #122
    Just PS4 pro here. Looking forward to PS5.

3. Games   -   #123
    I prefer PC, but starting to prefer Switch more and more with it's portability and decent graphics.

4. Games   -   #124
    Classic Nintendo!

5. Games   -   #125
    I went from Atari 2600 to Intellivision to Atari 5200 to NES to PC.

Never got into Xbox or PS.

6. Games   -   #126
    Poster
    PC and Switch (which I use mainly for PC ports...)

7. Games   -   #127
    PC all the way, only use consoles for exclusives

8. Games   -   #128
    Console

9. Games   -   #129
    Both - definitely both. But PC only is becoming more and more attractive especially with boxes that can let you stream it to any TV

10. Games   -   #130
    The PC vs Console issue has swung back and forth. Always been a PC person myself- my first computer was the self-build Sinclair MK14- and I coded games for it. So the console never felt 'right'.

But today the PC side is looking very wobbly, as AMD rises (at last) but then happily screws over the PC base with insane GPU price rises, and a deal with Sony and MS to hold back better GPUs until the new consoles arrive.

The new consoles will have better GPUs than the current 2080TI (few of you can believe this today- but its true). Yet their selling price is likely to be no more than 500 dollars (Sony will be more with the VR option).

Today AMD wants 300 dollars for the 8-core CPU alone, and 400 dollars for a (5700xt) GPU alone that will be <50% of the GPU power of either next gen console. Then with a PC, you need all the other components. People building AMD based gaming PCs today are convinced the next gen consoles will be no better- and they are massively wrong.

The only thing that can kill off the gaming PC is consoles better and cheaper in almost every way. Add in the fact of jaw dropping Sony exclusives that won't be on the PC, and I seriously expect a better than 50-50 probability that I'll finally have to go console- and I really really really don't want to do that.

But like I said, today, 99% of PC and console fans have no idea just how powerful Sony and MS's next are going to be. Both companies are currently trying to fake each other out with false low specs. I'd say there's a good chance one will go for >8 zen cores, and that both will have at least TWO GPU chiplets. I just don't see, given the greed in PC component prices, how the gaming PC can compete.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast