Thread: Laserdisc rips?

Hello guys, I've been out for a long long time (more than 4 years) lost most of my trackers. I wanted to know if there's a site that has tons of Laserdisc rips?

Right now the only one I have is what.cd.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    anyone?

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Why would you want a laserdisk rip? There's much better quality rips around than that...And as far as I know, they never made a laserdisk recorder, so I know you can't burn an image to disk & play it on a laserdisk player.

I havent even seen a laserdisk or player since back in the late 80's or early 90's...Unless you mean CD or DVD rips...Laserdisk is a completely different thing.
    Last edited by teflon05; 08-23-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    So many movies (US, Europe and Asia / Japan) were released in laserdisc format, there must be someone with a very good laserdisc player (dts sound and component video) and a huge collection of laserdisc ripping them to digital, to preserve them before they get laser rot.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by silvercool View Post
    So many movies (US, Europe and Asia / Japan) were released in laserdisc format, there must be someone with a very good laserdisc player (dts sound and component video) and a huge collection of laserdisc ripping them to digital, to preserve them before they get laser rot.
    Even the holy grail players (Pioneer X9/X0) can only do so much. The video on the non-MUSE/HiVision discs is composite. Period.

Audio is another matter. Quite a few of the mono PCM tracks have been ripped and remuxed to better video sources. You just have to seek them out.