Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I A Righteous Asshole Or What?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker@24 November 2003 - 13:04
    "Righteous" or "self-righteous"?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Oh-sorry.....

Self-righteous, definitely.

I think that is the perception, anyway.

EDIT: No, wait-

If I describe myself as a self-righteous asshole, that would imply a lack of seriousness.

I will stick to my original formulation.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #12
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I still wanna know why MediaSlayer considers you the BEST member - or does he mean another member?

Peace
    UKConfusedMemberMan

3. Lounge   -   #13
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    it's just preference, ukman
    i'm sure if you said who your favorite member is, i would disagree. it's just preference.
    i like j2k because he is a positive thinker, he doesn&#39;t get "rowdy"<<<post bad topics, flame, and he has good manners. for some reason i always take a liking to people with good manners. also hes funny, and he knows how to get under billy dean&#39;s skin.

but like i said it&#39;s personal preference, that&#39;s why i said "some will disagree"

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    from Merriam-Webster&#39;s
    Main Entry: righ·teous
    Pronunciation: &#39;rI-ch&s
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: alter. of earlier rightuous, alteration of Middle English rightwise, rightwos, from Old English rihtwIs, from riht, noun, right + wIs wise
    Date: 1535
    1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
    2 a : morally right or justifiable <a righteous decision> b : arising from an outraged sense of justice or morality <righteous indignation>
    3 slang : GENUINE, GOOD
    synonym see MORAL
    and again...
    Main Entry: ass·hole
    Pronunciation: &#39;as-"(h)Ol
    Function: noun
    Date: 14th century
    1 usually vulgar : ANUS
    2 a usually vulgar : a stupid, incompetent, or detestable person b usually vulgar : a despicable place -- usually used in the phrase asshole of the universe
    I suppose the question would be- "Is your anus in accord with divine or moral law?"

You would be the best judge of that, I should think.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by UKMan@24 November 2003 - 14:15
    I still wanna know why MediaSlayer considers you the BEST member - or does he mean another member?

Peace
    UKConfusedMemberMan
    Certainly not the best member, surely?

For which mis-guided sentiment I thank him, though.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #16
    so true, j2k how could i have been so careless? and to think I was accused of being pedantic

7. Lounge   -   #17
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@24 November 2003 - 19:22
    it&#39;s just preference, ukman
    i&#39;m sure if you said who your favorite member is, i would disagree. it&#39;s just preference.
    i like j2k because he is a positive thinker, he doesn&#39;t get "rowdy"<<<post bad topics, flame, and he has good manners. for some reason i always take a liking to people with good manners. also hes funny, and he knows how to get under billy dean&#39;s skin.

but like i said it&#39;s personal preference, that&#39;s why i said "some will disagree"
    Thx MS - i was just curious - ive noticed those qualities too. I&#39;m sure that we could think of some members we both liked

BTW - BD isnt as bad as most people think. Ive had some good help from him just recently, even after those arguments we had. It was help i really needed and he just offered.

Peace
    UKMan

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by clocker@24 November 2003 - 14:27
    from Merriam-Webster&#39;s
    Main Entry: righ·teous
    Pronunciation: &#39;rI-ch&s
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: alter. of earlier rightuous, alteration of Middle English rightwise, rightwos, from Old English rihtwIs, from riht, noun, right + wIs wise
    Date: 1535
    1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
    2 a : morally right or justifiable <a righteous decision> b : arising from an outraged sense of justice or morality <righteous indignation>
    3 slang : GENUINE, GOOD
    synonym see MORAL
    and again...
    Main Entry: ass·hole
    Pronunciation: &#39;as-"(h)Ol
    Function: noun
    Date: 14th century
    1 usually vulgar : ANUS
    2 a usually vulgar : a stupid, incompetent, or detestable person b usually vulgar : a despicable place -- usually used in the phrase asshole of the universe
    I suppose the question would be- "Is your anus in accord with divine or moral law?"

You would be the best judge of that, I should think.
    Can I mix and match?

I&#39;ll take "A stupid , incompetent, detestable anus with an outraged sense of justice and/or morality".

Not to be too picky.

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by UKMan@24 November 2003 - 18:39
    BTW - BD isnt as bad as most people think. Ive had some good help from him just recently, even after those arguments we had. It was help i really needed and he just offered.

Peace
    UKMan
    After picking with him a little bit, I even offered some advice in this thread. as you can see, no blood or anything like that. judge for yourself, i&#39;ll tell you though, i don&#39;t currently dislike him.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    I dig your beak&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast