Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Project: A Diff Kind of Rig

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    As someone looking at building a pc for use with VR in the nearish future-- and seeing the inflated prices of gpus...
    Buy from EVGA.

https://www.evga.com/products/produc...et=GTX+1080+Ti

They aren't a typical retailer so their prices are always at MSRP. Click the auto-notify button on a few cards and be ready to buy as soon as you get the email. I've bought 3 cards from them in the past 10 days or so using that method. For other brands, they'll catch up to demand eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    This is why I can`t get a new bloody GFX card any time soon... damn you manic miners.

Would say the rig looks great but that is like saying a wood burning stove is elegant engineering... does what it does and makes a lot of heat so I guess it`ll cut down on energy bills in that respect, toasty room
    I've purchase 6 cards in about ten days. I bet you can find one.

Last edited by Skiz; 01-26-2018 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Thanks for the link, those prices depress me (based on just a few weeks ago) but thanks for it anyway

Good continued luck with the scaffold project meanwhile, I`ll show patience and stashing my nibblecoins until I can afford a whole bit.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I was silently wishing for cryptocurrency to collapse after seeing prices get so insane. Yay!!! If I'm patient, I can get one at full retail instead of more!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Like his quest to own a Porsche 911, I don't believe that not being able to find one is the main thing holding Meg back.

Fucking rich people. Right, Meg?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-26-2018 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Like his quest to own a Porsche 911, I don't believe that not being able to find one is the main thing holding Meg back.

Fucking rich people. Right, Meg?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I'm glad I don't game anymore. Last card I bought was a GTX 750 Ti when it first came out (didn't want to use HD4000 anymore). The price of video cards these days is crazy with the price gouging. I think the next generation NVIDIA GPUs will be out before prices settle down. Could be why it's hard to find 1080 Ti right now. I don't know if GDDR is expensive right now like DDR is, but until production facilities complete their transition, prices aren't going anywhere. Maybe in a year or so prices will settle down. We'll have to see if cryptocurrency survives. Hopefully no major natural disasters will interrupt RAM production either. I remember in the 90's when an earthquake would cause prices for RAM to spike. Maybe production facilities are better built and prepared for such occasions now.

The rig looks cool (or hot). Good luck with the experiment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12