Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839404787 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

Still trying to get through the new Spider-man movie....
    There's really nothing not to like about Tom Holland as Spider-Man but really poor choice of villan. Also a better balance between character development and FX gee-whizzies would have really helped. That and Zendaya as MJ is pretty enough but really doesn't have the warmest for the part. If Homecoming was a 7.5, Far from Home is a 4.
    I've only watched the Tobey Maguire spider-mans. Garfield spider-mans just didn't look interesting. I'm sick of superhero movies now. Too much CGI.

2. Movies & TV   -   #362
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post

I've only watched the Tobey Maguire spider-mans. Garfield spider-mans just didn't look interesting. I'm sick of superhero movies now. Too much CGI.
    Agree on too much reliance on CGI over basically everything else, I will say though that the Garfield Spider-Mans are pointless are they didn't really add anything and were more or less kinda just a redo or the orginals. On the other hand, at least with the newer ones with Holland there is something different as they have brought the character closer to his modern more teenage version.

A lot of these movies need to stop thinking of themselves as "superhero" movies though and just come at the story from a more grounded place and then add in the superhero stuff.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #363
    With October approaching soon, I will be watching only horror movies for the next 37 days.

4. Movies & TV   -   #364
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Escape in the Fog (1945)

A military nurse recovering at an inn from a nervous breakdown keeps having dreams where she sees two men trying to murder a third. When she meets a man who is a federal agent at the inn, she is astounded to discover that he is the man in her dream who is the intended murder victim.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

5. Movies & TV   -   #365
    I also have dreams about a military nurse and two men but it doesn't involve murder.

I tried to watch AHS 1984 but turned it off as clearly high camp just ain't my thing.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-26-2019 at 05:09 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #366
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I also have dreams about a military nurse and two men but it doesn't involve murder.
    Unsurprising plot twist: nurse is male, too.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #367
    On someone's recommendation I watched Prodigal Son. It was shit.

I'm going to give Stumptown a try on the basis that Cobie Smulders used to be hawt. I think they make her ugly in this but then obviously because the entertainment industry is run by a bunch of homos and feminists.

Edit. Stumptown actually turned out to be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Unsurprising plot twist: nurse is male, too.
    They have male nurses? Where do they get the milk?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-27-2019 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Movies & TV   -   #368
    Watched the new series Evil. OK genre piece although I thought it played better before the totally unnecessary twist was introduced.

9. Movies & TV   -   #369
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Godfather of Harlem.

It's got potential.

10. Movies & TV   -   #370
    I've never seen somebody comparing narcos to citizen kane, I've been probably missing out on a good show hahaha, you really peaked my interest