Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Till Death (2021) ...starts off slow, but a decent thrill ride for a Wednesday afternoon.

(Reminiscent... (very vaguely) ...of Stephen King's novel "Gerald's Game" and the film of 2017 with the same name.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-07-2021 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Probably it was just the bracelets.

2. Movies & TV   -   #722
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Binged the entire LOTR trilogy (extended versions, of course) over the weekend. That's what, close to 12 hours? I honestly can't say if I had ever done that before, and if I did, it must have been years ago... Not sure if I'll do the Hobbit next weekend or not.

Also saw Black Widow on Friday. Not impressed.

3. Movies & TV   -   #723
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Doing some "Bosch" bingeing... up to season 4 now... yup, as you mentioned good stuff!

(Thanks for the mention, as I would have totally missed that one... the ex likes it too!)

Yeah... on that Black Widow film... a bit entertaining, but for a Sunday afternoon popcorn film... I was a bit underwhelmed... CGI was and is the big ticket in the Marvel Universe.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-13-2021 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Too Much Anticipation.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Movies & TV   -   #724
    A bit of an unexpected gem... Clarkson's Farm has been oddly captivating. Not sure if I uploaded the NZB; if you can't find it, catch it on Amazon Prime.

5. Movies & TV   -   #725
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Gunpowder Milkshake" (2021)... not enough unique firearms or CGi... very erratic, lacked plot definition, a cinematic void...

(A female John Wick motif... mindless mayhem... thoroughly enjoyed by all!)

@Caballero... 1/2 way though season 5 of Bosch now, but took note of Clarkson's Farm mention and I'll check the streamer.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-18-2021 at 09:47 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

6. Movies & TV   -   #726
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    "Gunpowder Milkshake" (2021)... not enough unique firearms or CGi... very erratic, lacked plot definition, a cinematic void...

(A female John Wick motif... mindless mayhem... thoroughly enjoyed by all!)

Much as I love me a good female action hero(ine)I can't bring myself to watch either this or Black Widow. So many of the recent distaff efforts lack all plausibility when it comes to the fighting. Really takes me out of the experience. If Hollywood is going to continue like this then the very least they can do is compensate us with some t&a.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Movies & TV   -   #727
    The Mysterious Benedict Society

Disney series, geared towards children (I guess?) but quite enjoyable. Got a retro vibe to it, so reminds me of Big Fish or Pushing Daisies. Me likes.

8. Movies & TV   -   #728
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Pig" (2021) Decent acting for a change!

(I liked his facial expressions... very stoic.)

9. Movies & TV   -   #729
    Watched the first part of Fear Street on Netflix, and I have mixed feelings. I think I will watch the other parts too though

10. Movies & TV   -   #730
    Started to rewarch Brooklyn Nine-Nine and am bringing through it as much as I can. I must say that I forgot how much that show started to go downhill post season 2.