Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Watching the first episode of Heels.

I feel cheated; I thought I could satisfy my women's-shoe fetish. But it's actually not that bad; I'd give it a shot if you haven't already.

2. Movies & TV   -   #742
    I've always found the "Green Arrow" to be over the top arrogant but since you recommend I'll give it a try. Try CODA for a good family movie. No sex or violence or gratuitous profanity but lots of humor and talent.

3. Movies & TV   -   #743
    The Green Knight

Two hours of my life I will never get back. Honestly have no clue what the point of that movie was.

4. Movies & TV   -   #744
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    People who are praising this saying that it is an "art" film and therefore not subject to the even the most general rules of storytelling and that the vast majority of haters are just too stupid to understand the essence of the director's "vision" are literally fucking idiots who deserve to be banned from ever publicly commenting on a piece of cinema again.
    Moreover, anyone who can't figure out how godawful pretentious The Green Knight is going to be simply because the "auteur" needed to make a "statement" by casting Dev Patel as medieval English knight Gawain is also magnificently dense. It's like watching the trailer for The Harder They Fall and not understanding that if you aren't basically Spike Lee that the movie is most probably going to be a very alienating ie shit experience.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #745
    Blood Red Sky

aka "bats on a plane". Not even mildly entertaining. Can't really understand why it's such a breakout on Netflix, allegedly.

6. Movies & TV   -   #746
    Just finished watching "Hacks". Better than expected, even if predictable at times. The wife liked it.

Next on the list: Season 3 of "Britannia". Something the wife will not watch. Though it's been so long since I watched Season 2, I wonder if I should just start over and start with S01E01.

7. Movies & TV   -   #747
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    The Protégé (2021) ...a decent action popcorn film for a Sunday afternoon with very little CGI.

(Perhaps, it was just that I've had a secret crush on Maggie Q since her "Nikita" tele series days.
    )

Last week:

Oh the memories... In Search of the Last Action Heroes (2019) a must watch for action movie fans!
    Last edited by Stehle; 08-30-2021 at 12:58 AM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #748
    Started watching "What/If". Wife likes it, good stuff. Did not recognize Zellweger (how much work has she had done?!), but love the red-headed chick from Suburgatory.

Nine Lives also seems to have potential.

9. Movies & TV   -   #749
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    ... Nine Lives also seems to have potential.
    Seconded!

(I only saw Maggie Q... [Who's had work done.] ...show her age in one scene I believe.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 08-30-2021 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Wears it well.

10. Movies & TV   -   #750
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Mini-Binged the first three episodes of "Only Murders in The Building"...Good Stuff!

(Veteran comedic actors and there's more!)

Reservation Dogs a tele series with comedic twist, an often poignant look at the plight of Native American youths on their reservation today... Good Stuff!

(A definite eyeopener that hopefully changes a few more minds.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 09-01-2021 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Cats. / "Catfish are Life!"
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson