Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 387885868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks for the heads-up, Stehle! Didn't know it was back. Definitely on my watch-now list
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #872
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I get Black Panther and everything but I really can't see a mirror being a very good superhero.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #873
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I get Black Panther and everything but I really can't see a mirror being a very good superhero.
    I don't truly know Meg... but I do wonder at times what if Idol actually thinks. I'm pretty sure he means well.

You're welcome btw... it's been kinda dry on the small screen lately for me and the juries sill out on the "The Walking Dead: Dead City" after only the first episode.

In the film news I watched "About My Father" yesterday... which was very appropriate given the holiday. It was quite humorous to me!

On the ultra-violence screen home front I can only recommend "Extraction 2"...I wonder if someone kept track of the gunshots like John Wick films and the word "family" in the latest offering "Fast X" of the Fast franchise.

And here I thought that I needed a life... their are way too many out there that have too much time on their hands.

I think I'll view "Kandahar" this afternoon, keeping with a desert theme... I hope I find another gem like "The Covenant". 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Movies & TV   -   #874
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm not certain a ne'er-do-well can mean well

I am always up for a little bit of the old ultraviolence. Except for when they killed Glenn. That ended the whole Walking Dead universe for me. Good short-term drama, poor planning for the future of the show...

Black Mirror would have the power of self-reflection. Sadly, his weakness is hard objects.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-20-2023 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #875
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Black Mirror would have the power of self-reflection. Sadly, his weakness is hard objects.
    And vampires, obviously.

6. Movies & TV   -   #876
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    "Black Mirror" Season Six... What can be said of this anthology series... well this season there are more episodes again (5) this Twilight Zone type series started out in the UK with just 3 episodes. Currently on Netfix... and I enjoy most stories that although quite bizarre at times, they are and always will be a staple of my viewing diet.
    thanks for the suggestion

7. Movies & TV   -   #877
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I believe it's from Apple TV+... but "Hijack" a thriller staring Idris Elba after only two episodes is showing me some promise on the small screen. We'll just have to see.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-03-2023 at 01:41 PM.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Movies & TV   -   #878
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Hmm... Paramount+ or Amazon... not real sure, but "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" season four... well I've only been able to view the first two episodes, but know two more are available... {sigh} ...perhaps I'll wait another 24 hours and they'll just magically appear...

Just kidding! So far it looks very promising and I always have enjoyed Tom Clancy's novels and the Jack Ryan TV series series. If you like action thillerr with a plot... Definitely a good bet in my humble opinion!
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-08-2023 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Wearing down... gramatical errors and changes.

9. Movies & TV   -   #879
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Hmm... Paramount+ or Amazon... not real sure, but "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" season four... well I've only been able to view the first two episodes, but know two more are available... {sigh} ...perhaps I'll wait another 24 hours and they'll just magically appear...

Just kidding! So far it looks very promising and I always have enjoyed Tom Clancy's novels and the Jack Ryan TV series series. If you like action with a plot... Definitely a good bet in my humble opinion!
    I thought Season 1 was really good. Season 2 pretty good and Season 3 kind of awful. I have watched S04E01 and didn't think much of it. I haven't read any of the novels but have seen all the movies and I think Jack Ryan is best when he's underestimated and the underdog. If I wanted Rambo, I like you know, watch Rambo.

10. Movies & TV   -   #880
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Just wanted to say...

For all those who have been filling out the NZB grabs here on FST, you are now and have always have been appreciated.

You have further expanded on the offerings with many things that others may find interesting. People will take notice of the burden you carry.

Hopefully, someday others may have popular suggestions or program for the future. You know who you are.

...an extra thanks.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-08-2023 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Looks good... Move on!

Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 387885868788899091 ... LastLast