Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 397986878889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Just a quick nod to Marvel Studios Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3... never was much of a Marvel Universe fan., (more of a DC® comic fan myself)... BUT yesterday it rained heavily, beating down the heat that has been so oppressive on many of us so recently... and I got lost in it! Good Stuff! CGI and all! Keep it Up!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #882
    I agree that Marvel’s Guardian of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was pretty good, but I do think the first two movies in the series were better. However it was much better than most of the movies Marvel has been putting out lately.

3. Movies & TV   -   #883
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    I have a hard time finding shit to watch with my wife, she hates everything. A couple of shows that fit the bill for both of us are "Platonic" and "After Party".

4. Movies & TV   -   #884
    Just finished watching Ted Lasso. Not being a big football fan, I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it.

5. Movies & TV   -   #885
    Justified Primeval and Hijack are good views.. better than some out right now.

6. Movies & TV   -   #886
    Deadloch, Ted Lasso, Yellow Jackets, Hello Tomorrow, Girls5Eva, Servant, Sweet Tooth, Lucky Hank. All great and bingeable.

7. Movies & TV   -   #887
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Cannes Confidential

A hot mess. Even after watching the last episode I still did not have the slightest clue about what the actual story line was all about. Won't rewatch to find out.

Domina

Three episodes into season 2. Love it.

Grantchester

Season 8. It's time to come to an end. That constant priestly self-pity just ain't attractive.

Justified City Primeval

Almost as good as the original. But only almost.

8. Movies & TV   -   #888
    Asteroid City

Well, it's a Wes Anderson movie, so I was not surprised by what I got. Still did not like it as much as I had expected.

Extraction 2

Not as good as the first one. Not a must-see by a long shot.

9. Movies & TV   -   #889
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Justified City Primeval

Almost as good as the original. But only almost.
    Big fan of the original but gave up after three episodes on this one. Lacking some things up to that point at least that made the original so good. Memorable secondary characters. Compelling storytelling. Pathos. Plus if I'm quibbling, the music is mostly inappropriate and kinda awful. Maybe with a better casting director. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
    Yellow Jackets... great and bingeable.
    I would literally rather tear off a hangnail.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-13-2023 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Movies & TV   -   #890
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Big fan of the original but gave up after three episodes on this one. Lacking some things up to that point at least that made the original so good. Memorable secondary characters. Compelling storytelling. Pathos. Plus if I'm quibbling, the music is mostly inappropriate and kinda awful. Maybe with a better casting director. Maybe.
    Nah. What it is, is, it's got no Walton Goggins.

Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 397986878889909192 ... LastLast