Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 20272829303132334080 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I am seven episodes into Perpetual Grace LTD, and I still don't know if I like it or not...

2. Movies & TV   -   #292
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Watched the first episode of The Boys. Looking forward to more!
    Thought I'd like it but three episodes in and so far not so much. Suffers from the same problem a lot of these streaming service series seem bent on - there just aren't any likable characters. There are other problems but this seems chief among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I am seven episodes into Perpetual Grace LTD, and I still don't know if I like it or not...
    Read the synopsis and this seems to fall under the same category of no one really to root for. Someone please tell these fucks that shows like Gunsmoke, Cheers, E.R. etc didn't endure because of their plots or because they cast a transgender or two.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-27-2019 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #293
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I am at the 4th episode (1/2 way through the season) of The Boys, and I disagree about a lack of 'likable characters'. There's a lack of purely good characters, but antiheroes can make very fascinating characters to watch. Keith Urban is enjoyable, as is the blonde superhero who is rethinking what she has wanted for her whole life. Much of the premise of the show is that the super heroes are corrupt assholes-- of course they won't be likeable. I agree there are some issues: pacing is off at times, it feels like they are laying too much of a foundation for following seasons instead of telling the best story possible for the material, and I don't feel overly connected to more than a couple characters... I am venturing forth...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #294
    I am at the 4th episode (1/2 way through the season) of The Boys, and I disagree about a lack of 'likable characters'. There's a lack of purely good characters, but antiheroes can make very fascinating characters to watch.
    Antiheroes are some of the best characters in cinema and I usually find Nicole Kidman's husband to be interesting in just about anything but just not feeling it here. As for the superheroes, kinda bland even in their villiany and I didn't think the whole dopplerganger thing - "Look it's Superman/Wonder Woman etc lite!" works either here or in Watchmen. I dunno maybe it will pick up when they stop showing male nudity and get back to showing tits like the god of entertainment intended.

5. Movies & TV   -   #295
    I finished the season, I won't spoil any more. Lmk when you get through it.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #296
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    "Too Old To Die Young"

That piece of shit got deleted off my server before the second episode was halfway through.

7. Movies & TV   -   #297
    just finished "The Boys", i love it, its so f*cked up

8. Movies & TV   -   #298

As I live to be disappointed.

9. Movies & TV   -   #299
    I will join you in that disappointment. At least it looks like everyone kung-fu fights in it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #300
    I will join you in that disappointment. At least it looks like everyone kung-fu fights in it.
    Cue the muzak.

That's the guy from The Raid movies starring in it. I don't see the need to made it all stupid with the supernatural though. Personally my taste runs more to the gritty stupid.

My penis says I may have been too harsh as I now see Katheryn Winnick and Summer Glau are both in it.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-08-2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost