Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I watched recently...

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Re-watched... "Aliens"... Excellent!

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit... It's the only way to be sure."
    --Ripley

"You always were an asshole, Gorman". So many great scenes and every one is relevant to the story. That's some good writing.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #452
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Okay Idol... another favorite of mine... same movie:

R.I.P. Bill Paxton (Private Hudson) He will be missed.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #453
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Finished Binging HBO's "The Outsider".... ehhh... episode 10 was not bad... they did have a snake, sniper and a cave. (Ralph was a dick until episode #8 too.)

You are very correct Idol, you can't squeeze any of Stephen King's novels into a freak'in TV season at least from what I've seen. Bring back Sinise as Stu!

Save perhaps 1 or 2 movies.

(Lets not get into the whole George R. R. Martin debacle... "A Song of Ice and Fire", which was adapted into the HBO series Game of Thrones. I'm still waiting for his "The Winds of Winter" and the final volume "A Dream of Spring".)

I like him too!

Hey... I woke up about 1:25am this morning... heard voices... rubbed my eyes and proceeded to living room...

The wifey had "Contagion" (2011) playing on the streaming box... watched a few minutes and went back to bed.

She said she couldn't sleep... maybe it was all the crap that happened that day.

Has anyone else seen it? Maybe I'll watch a bit more Monday when she's gone...

EDIT: Big mistake.
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-16-2020 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Repaced Movie's Name
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Movies & TV   -   #454
    I watched the four seasons of the Expanse on Amazon over the last few weeks and I really liked the series, I will start reading the books soon to get more out of it, and to shorten time until Season five is released, which hopefully won't be delayed due to the current evolving crisis, but hey if it will be delayed then so be it, fighting this virus is more important

5. Movies & TV   -   #455
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Into The Night (1985) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089346/

Jeff Goldblum, Michelle Pfeiffer, director Jon Landis as an Iranian terrorist before Iranian terrorists were actually a thing and most importantly a brilliant if small bit by David Bowie as a hitman.

Similar vibe to Kiss,Kiss Bang Bang or 2 Days in the Valley. Comedy mixed with violins.

Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #456
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Into The Night (1985) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089346/

Jeff Goldblum, Michelle Pfeiffer, director Jon Landis as an Iranian terrorist before Iranian terrorists were actually a thing and most importantly a brilliant if small bit by David Bowie as a hitman.

Similar vibe to Kiss,Kiss Bang Bang or 2 Days in the Valley. Comedy mixed with violins...
    Looks good! I'll throw in the cue. Thank you!
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-21-2020 at 09:30 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.

7. Movies & TV   -   #457
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Sunday's fare included ... "The Current War" - Directors Cut and "Amazing Stories" Season 1 Episode 3 .."Dynoman and the Volt"

Both were enjoyed by us both!

(Now... I never believed in coincidence but, both have something to do with electricity... after the first movie...I heard a loud knock on the door in the 3D world having to do with electricity... long story... anyway we then watched the second show .... the title's... mama always said, "Everything has a reason.".... Just haven't figured it out yet. Dunno... but I think something else is in the works.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-23-2020 at 05:26 PM. Reason: You Never REALLY Know.

8. Movies & TV   -   #458
    Stehle's Avatar Poster

9. Movies & TV   -   #459
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "The Gentleman" & "Blow The Man Down" We enjoyed both good stories.

(Now we might know why I rent bits & bobs of me farm.
    )
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-28-2020 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Solicitor with NDA's sez... It's Called... NO LIABILITY... 'nuff said. I wasn't always a whore. aye.

10. Movies & TV   -   #460
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    So what's this "Tiger King" craze about? Seems like everyone around my neighborhood has been watching it...

Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast