Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Usenet Providers

Whaaa - $20 a year for usenetserver? I am paying $10 a month for SSL and 20 connections. I subscribed years ago and never cared to check the costs but your offer was incredible.

2. Newsgroups   -   #62
    You should check out the usenet reddit.... also learn about the various backbones and the current evil empire.

3. Newsgroups   -   #63
    i have tried many hosts and have been very happy with newshosting. its $100/year with vpn lightning fast awsome retention and the vpn works with everything else. Its my experience that you kind of get what you pay for. I sound like a commercial but hey no problems with them is good

4. Newsgroups   -   #64
    I just changed from my monthly (10$) UNS plan to their actual plan - 12 month for $95,40 USD. That's 7.95 $ / month. On top of the year subscription I now have access to their VPN which is kind of neat but I do not really use one. UNS was my first host and I remain pleased with their service.

5. Newsgroups   -   #65
    I still have giganews,looks like I'll have to check out newshosting.

6. Newsgroups   -   #66
    Easynews for almost 20 years... damn, I feel old.

7. Newsgroups   -   #67
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by akpends View Post
    Easynews for almost 20 years... damn, I feel old.
    I hope you are aware of their $4.99/month unlimited plan... I know I was pissed that I apparent vastly overpaid for quite a few years.

8. Newsgroups   -   #68
    Wasn't aware of that. I think I'm still being charged $14 a month or so. I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

9. Newsgroups   -   #69
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Here is the link: https://signup.easynews.com/unlimited/

Oddly enough they don't show this option when you are in your account/settings section and look at the various add-ons and available plan pricing.

If you don't want to lose your account history contact their customer support and they'll probably change the plan type for you at the end of your current period. That's what they did for me so I did not have to create a new account and password, etc. I was just charge the $59.88 at the next monthly renewal and then did not have any additional charges for the next year.

Also, they told me the plan will auto-renew at this price after 12 months, so for the time being there should not be any year-on-year price increases.
    Last edited by Caballero; 01-17-2020 at 05:38 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #70
    Giganews was my go to for years...how i got into this hobby...but past few years their retention was not great..and most posts were missing parts....switched to Tweaknews and haven't looked back...get the upgraded fast version...it kicks ass..

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast