Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm New At This Bitorrent Thing

Thanks for all the info here, I just started using bittorent. I downloaded two pieces of The Cat in the Hat and they came down rather qucikly, now I'm trying for Gothika and The Santa Clause 2 dvd but the speeds are rather slow, so besides choosing the file with the most seeds and downloads is there anything that I can do to speed things along?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    hmmm just thought about something, can you use videolan or any other program to preview the files? (I tried, doesn't seem to work) and on that same note is the quality of the files usually good? I hate downloading something that big then finding out that its filled with glitches. thanx for you help,

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Originally posted by muchspl2@27 November 2003 - 05:22
    http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#speed

also do you have a router/firewall you might need to open up ports, and if your running xp, it also has a built in firewall
    http://www.haxial.com/faq/routerconfig/winxp/
    i am also very new in Bittorrent. I have a DSL and am using a router. I was hoping to get faster speed by configuring the ports and stuff like it says in the link. But dont know what is KDX server and all. I have no idea on networking. SO how ?
    sig removed.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    so yeah......anyone with yahoo dsl, can someone help me configure this stuff? i don't really know what to mess with , or how to restore default settings if something goes wrong, or just setting what in general......

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    I havent been using bittorent 4 long at all!
    At 1st it was only doin about 1-4 kbs and now am downloading matrix revolutions at 35 kbs and scary movie 3 at 15 kbs!
    I didnt open any ports or mess about with anything just left it 4 a bit and it got faster as it connected 2 more peers and seeds!
    Just leave it connected 4 a day an you'll have it!
    Its worth a days wait

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123