Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Brexit

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I'm not paying enough. And in return I am getting shitty service from my government that worth even less.

24 cents/gallon federal fuel tax that has not been adjusted since the 70s? That's a joke. Double it and build some decent roads.

Jack my taxes up 5% and give me universal healthcare and free college education at state schools; the money I don't have to spend on private insurance and tuition makes more than up for it.

Start a .5% city tax and hire a few more police and firemen.

Etc.

You don't get shit for free. And if society overall does well, usually each individual will do better, too. It's certainly more likely than the other way around.

Oh, and please don't confuse nominal and effective tax rates. With all the deductions, exemptions and loopholes out there our effective tax rates are a joke.
    Not paying enough?

Pay more, then - surely there are provisions.

Fed fuel tax?

Get off the back of commerce, I say.

City tax?

Fine with me - I don't live in the fucking city, and I'm not gonna pay their fucking taxes.

"You don't get shit for free"?

Two answers to that:

1: What you get, AND pay for, IS shit - let a little marketing in to fix that.

2: Any politician, Left OR Right, will tell you that you're plain flat wrong, relative to the rancid bacon they offer.

Nominal vs effective?

I will agree the tax system needs drastic simplification, which is a large part of the capitalist solution.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You could start here.

https://www.businessinsider.com/amer...th-gap-2019-10

Also it's been said that not giving so much to the military could solve a lot of your more idiotic problems though sadly not the orange one.
    Unless you've failed to notice - don't know how that could happen, given the amount of time he gives the subject - the "orange one" is after other nations to carry their portion of the military costs...rather than fund all manner of (see above) that make of their populations naught but fat, sloppy victims willing to vote Lefty.

He will, in turn, lessen military portioning to ease the burden elsewhere.

That's the intent, at any rate, pending the current Democrat stupidity.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #102
    If none of that works then maybe try sacrificing Barr to Mammon.
    Barr is Trump with discretion and a drive to see the heretofore unacknowledged corruption unclothed.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #103
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Barr is Trump with discretion and a drive to see the heretofore unacknowledged corruption unclothed.
    So he's going to confess then.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #104
    Someone please tell the US that it's still against the Geneva Convention to target civilians.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1Z4003

But then again so is torture and places like Gitmo so I guess that ship's already sailed.

5. Lounge   -   #105
    Personally I think draft dodging should forever exclude anyone from being in charge of the military but that's just me and my unreasonable prejudice against cowards.

6. Lounge   -   #106
    Personally I think draft dodging should forever exclude anyone from being in charge of the military but that's just me and my unreasonable prejudice against cowards.
    Remember:

You're a political animal once you decide to be one.

Go back to Clinton, see how long he/she/they practiced the political hygiene that got him/her/them elected.

You have to grant him what you've granted them...

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #107

You're a political animal once you decide to be one.

Go back to Clinton, see how long he/she/they practiced the political hygiene that got him/her/them elected.

You have to grant him what you've granted them...
    True my spirit animal is a weasel.

Also I'm the last person to defend Clinton or Obama for that matter. That doesn't change my opinion of anyone least of all Pompeo who is if not pure evil then at least highly distilled.

8. Lounge   -   #108
    ...least of all Pompeo who is if not pure evil then at least highly distilled.
    Explain, please.

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #109
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    ...least of all Pompeo who is if not pure evil then at least highly distilled.
    Explain, please.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Ah...I see.

-Mark Twain

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast