Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Polls - Let Members Create Them

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I highly agree, Members should be able to start polls, and if people abuse the privilage, then we give them give a sever beating with an ugly stick.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    BANNED
    Originally posted by [-Crono-]@30 November 2003 - 04:33
    I highly agree, Members should be able to start polls, and if people abuse the privilage, then we give them give a sever beating with an ugly stick.
    well i donno how would u measure the abuse level of the poll system?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    Originally posted by RapFan+29 November 2003 - 23:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RapFan @ 29 November 2003 - 23:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#091;&#045;Crono&#045;
    ,30 November 2003 - 04:33] I highly agree, Members should be able to start polls, and if people abuse the privilage, then we give them give a sever beating with an ugly stick.
    well i donno how would u measure the abuse level of the poll system? [/b][/quote]
    Simple...

Too many or poor content or misplaced.

I imagine most people wouldn&#39;t even use it since it takes more effort than posting.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    Yes, I think that members should be allowed to start polls in the Lounge, and if they abuse it then they could be sent a warning.
    I have seen many other forums which allow polls, and it&#39;s not as if they get overrun with pointless polls.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    internet.news
    Originally posted by RapFan+30 November 2003 - 08:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RapFan @ 30 November 2003 - 08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#091;&#045;Crono&#045;
    ,30 November 2003 - 04:33] I highly agree, Members should be able to start polls, and if people abuse the privilage, then we give them give a sever beating with an ugly stick.
    well i donno how would u measure the abuse level of the poll system? [/b][/quote]
    I think it is difficult cause each question could be an interesting poll...

But serious polls maybe these where world issues - not private ones -
    are asked?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    BANNED
    hey he just installer an anti spam thing on the board grr now the gonna mess up our 3 word story he better let us make polls

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    old school
    being able to make a poll would have come in handy here:

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=703120

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 7thElement@29 November 2003 - 02:52
    Allowing polls would result in a lot of spam posts / questions. Allowing it to Senior members only is NOT an option because 1000 posts doesn&#39;t say anything about a member.
    with todays members, thats actually not the case. many have over 1,000 posts (sr member) in less than a month of being on the board.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    To give an example (without bias from others) - ES5&#39;s forums give the ability to post polls to any registered member. Now, you can expect to see roughly one or more polls a day, 90% of which are based on trivial crap. I&#39;d say there&#39;s roughly only a few members who do it though (most notoriously DaDead ).

Yet ESV hasn&#39;t really reached the member levels that K-Lite has - So try multiplying that example out to K-Lite&#39;s size

I&#39;d personally say keep the poll abilities firm in only the mods&#39; grips - They would probably be cursing such a "liberation" later when they scrape out most of the pointless polls.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati@30 November 2003 - 13:17
    To give an example (without bias from others) - ES5&#39;s forums give the ability to post polls to any registered member.&nbsp; Now, you can expect to see roughly one or more polls a day, 90% of which are based on trivial crap.&nbsp; I&#39;d say there&#39;s roughly only a few members who do it though (most notoriously DaDead ).&nbsp;

Yet ESV hasn&#39;t really reached the member levels that K-Lite has - So try multiplying that example out to K-Lite&#39;s size

I&#39;d personally say keep the poll abilities firm in only the mods&#39; grips - They would probably be cursing such a "liberation" later when they scrape out most of the pointless polls.
    es5 also doesn&#39;t lock topics, delete posts, or put people on moderation for stupid reasons

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast