Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 180 Gb For $99.....

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@1 December 2003 - 01:07
    and i also have never had any trouble getting my mail-in rebates from them. the trick to it is......YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO MAIL IT IN! I know its shocking........stamp and all.......holy shit you gotta lick the envelope and walk to the mailbox not to mention the form you have to fill out that take every bit of 5 minutes to complete................what the hell is this world comming to

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    i guess that's how company's make money because they know more than half of the people dont bother sending in the mail and rebate

proud to be american

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Negative option advertising has been outlawed in a lot of countries. Hopefully, negative option merchandising won't be allowed much longer either.

"How much is it?" it's $59
    "before or after the rebate?" well, after.
    "So it's really $160?" well,.... kinda.....
    "Do you supply the envelopes?" no
    "Do you guarantee the rebate" no
    "So if the rebate is rejected for some reason, you don't care?". that's right.

I once purchased a shitload of parts on one of these deals and sent in the receipts the next week, after I had tested all of it. The rebate was rejected.
    $400 gone because the rebate offer expired 5 days after I purched these items.
    Even if I had mailed it from the store counter, it never could have been processed in time.
    Did the store care? "No."
    Could I return the items?
    No, the project was finished and delivered. My loss.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Jay@30 November 2003 - 23:40
    i guess that's how company's make money because they know more than half of the people dont bother sending in the mail and rebate
    Actually, the number is much higher.
    Especially on smaller ticket items.

Although I've had good luck with reimbursement, I still think that the entire rebate system is sleazy and deceptive and will be glad when it's gone.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12