Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Payne 2 Installation

BANNED
    Originally posted by ss87monte@4 December 2003 - 14:01
    Q: I get an CRC error during installation OR
    Q: The system crashes during the installation with the error "the file c:\program files\max payne2\MP2_*.ras doesn't match the file in the setup's cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendor."
    Try disabling DMA on your CD-ROM drive. Here is how:

Go to Start\Settings\Control Panel
    Double-click the System icon in the System Properties dialog box.
    Select the Device Manager tab. Click the + plus sign next to the cd-rom icon.
    Double-click the icon for your cd-rom drive.
    Click the Settings tab and de-select the DMA check box in the Options panel. Click Ok twice.
    You probably will have to restart your computer after doing this.
    why the are you telling him to disable DMA?

tsk tsk

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    I cant disable it any way. I'm getin to think that the cd is scratched somehow. Cuz I have had other scratched games like call of duty and they installed fine. It must be the only option since it worked for my cuzin before he gave it to me. I asked him to download me another copy of max payne 2, and he is getin the devience one cuz thats the only devience one that has more people the rest of the devience have only one person. I think it is 1478mb or somethin like that, is that the one with missing rars? I duno how it will ever finish cuz his pc keeps restarting every 10 to 20 minutes! I really want to play this game! Not fair he got to play it and didnt even finish it!

3. Games   -   #13
    Originally posted by DWk+5 December 2003 - 00:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 5 December 2003 - 00:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ss87monte@4 December 2003 - 14:01
    Q: The system crashes during the installation with the error "the file c:&#092;program files&#092;max payne2&#092;MP2_*.ras doesn&#39;t match the file in the setup&#39;s cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendor."

Go to Start&#092;Settings&#092;Control Panel
    Click the Settings tab and de-select the DMA check box in the Options panel. Click Ok twice.

tsk tsk [/b][/quote]
    Umm maybe because that&#39;s the problem? Go be a d*** elsewhere

4. Games   -   #14
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ss87monte+5 December 2003 - 00:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ss87monte @ 5 December 2003 - 00:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by DWk@5 December 2003 - 00:00
    <!--QuoteBegin-ss87monte
    @4 December 2003 - 14:01
    Q: The system crashes during the installation with the error "the file c:&#092;program files&#092;max payne2&#092;MP2_*.ras doesn&#39;t match the file in the setup&#39;s cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendor."

tsk tsk
    Umm maybe because that&#39;s the problem? Go be a d*** elsewhere [/b][/quote]
    tsk tsk..... yea thats prolly why ur post count is 10.....

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    Its alright I cant disable it cuz I dont have it anyway. This must be for other windows versions.

6. Games   -   #16
    BANNED
    if u disable dma ur computer would probably go REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    How do I disable it any way? Would it stay slow forever or until I enable it again?

8. Games   -   #18
    Poster
    Next time he cuts a disc for you ask him to cut very slow this can have an effert on other machines too ,too many ppl cut too fast then another machine can&#39;t read it correctly.

9. Games   -   #19
    Poster
    I duno what you mean by cutting? He didnt actually cut it with a knife, And he didnt scratch it on purpose, maybe it wont transfer the file cuz it just got messed up somehow on its own?

10. Games   -   #20
    Originally posted by DWk+5 December 2003 - 14:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 5 December 2003 - 14:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ss87monte@5 December 2003 - 00:09
    Originally posted by DWk@5 December 2003 - 00:00
    <!--QuoteBegin-ss87monte
    @4 December 2003 - 14:01

tsk tsk

Umm maybe because that&#39;s the problem? Go be a d*** elsewhere
    tsk tsk..... yea thats prolly why ur post count is 10..... [/b][/quote]
    And this is why yours is 1,000 you spaming troll. From this point on, please do not reply to me. Christ, I hate little kids like these.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast