Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Soon To Be Revised Pc!

OEM cards are a bargain, that's why I suggested that particular purchase. The real issue is whether the guy has dough to spare or not. To be perfectly honest with you, I don't need a 3 year warranty for my monitor. That's why I bought it OEM. I don't need a 3 year warrany for my Dell computer, either. I don't need a 3 year warranty for my GFX card as well. Why pay money for something you don't need? If the thing is going to break, then it will break in 60 days like it or not. And this is no flaming, it is a discussion. Gotta get back to my calculus 2 homework, polar coordinates are more interesting than this conversation.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by HardcoreGamer+1 December 2003 - 23:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HardcoreGamer @ 1 December 2003 - 23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by atiVidia@1 December 2003 - 23:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-HardcoreGamer
    @1 December 2003 - 23:45
    Also can any 1 recomend a computer case for &#036;100 that suits my computer?

antec makes excellent cases. if you must have a well suited case visit antec.com

for cases over 100, visit thermaltake at www.thermaltake.com

antec and thermaltake both have kickass cases
    Thanx, but do u know a case that whould go well with my sysems needs? [/b][/quote]
    as you are not going after a major graphics solution, and your products will produce little heat, i would suggest an antec case, specifically this one here

while not exactly cheap (150 with shipping included), it is silent, and performs Very well, and is set for upgrades.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Originally posted by HardcoreGamer+2 December 2003 - 00:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HardcoreGamer @ 2 December 2003 - 00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

antec makes excellent cases. if you must have a well suited case visit antec.com

I cant see any of the prices of the thermaltake beasts on thermaltake.com [/b][/quote]
    Hardcore gamer, go to www.newegg.com or www.zipzoomfly.com to find the best deals on hardware. If you are a complete idiot or newb and think that you need a three year warranty for your hardware, then don&#39;t buy OEM. If you know your hardware well enough after 60 days then go OEM. Okay?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by adamp2p+1 December 2003 - 23:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 1 December 2003 - 23:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@2 December 2003 - 00:55

I cant see any of the prices of the thermaltake beasts on thermaltake.com
    Hardcore gamer, go to www.newegg.com or www.zipzoomfly.com to find the best deals on hardware. If you are a complete idiot or newb and think that you need a three year warranty for your hardware, then don&#39;t buy OEM. If you know your hardware well enough after 60 days then go OEM. Okay? [/b][/quote]
    Thanx, I&#39;ll check

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Originally posted by adamp2p@1 December 2003 - 23:57
    OEM cards are a bargain, that&#39;s why I suggested that particular purchase. The real issue is whether the guy has dough to spare or not. To be perfectly honest with you, I don&#39;t need a 3 year warranty for my monitor. That&#39;s why I bought it OEM. I don&#39;t need a 3 year warrany for my Dell computer, either. I don&#39;t need a 3 year warranty for my GFX card as well. Why pay money for something you don&#39;t need? If the thing is going to break, then it will break in 60 days like it or not. And this is no flaming, it is a discussion. Gotta get back to my calculus 2 homework, polar coordinates are more interesting than this conversation.
    thats your issue

last i checked, more than half the people in this world DO want their crap to run right

more than half the people in this world lose their stuff AFTER the 60 days

more than half the people in this world DO buy a 3 year warranty from dell (this is completely irrelevant to this conversation).

and more than half the people in this world WILL return an oem product because it failed, just to find out that they Cant&#33;

you are busy with your homework, so i should not see a response to this for another hour (from you)

have a nice day

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    oh yes, and that half i reffered to are not idiots or noobs. they build pcs for a living

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    So what graphics card should I use?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Originally posted by HardcoreGamer@2 December 2003 - 00:11
    your pick:

both ati and nvidia are good

5700 ultra or 9600xt is what it comes down to

only difference between the two is slight performance loss on ATI&#39;s part, and high noise (not too bad) on nVidia&#39;s part

if you dont like noise, go to ATI

if you add noise for performance, go to nVidia

if you have money to burn, get an nvidia 5950 ultra, as it is quiet and better than the 9800 XT (be warned, both the 9800 xt and the 5950 ultra are 500 dollars&#33;&#33;&#33

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Originally posted by atiVidia+2 December 2003 - 00:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 2 December 2003 - 00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HardcoreGamer@2 December 2003 - 00:11
    your pick:

both ati and nvidia are good

5700 ultra or 9600xt is what it comes down to

only difference between the two is slight performance loss on ATI&#39;s part, and high noise (not too bad) on nVidia&#39;s part

if you dont like noise, go to ATI

if you add noise for performance, go to nVidia

if you have money to burn, get an nvidia 5950 ultra, as it is quiet and better than the 9800 XT (be warned, both the 9800 xt and the 5950 ultra are 500 dollars&#33;&#33;&#33 [/b][/quote]
    Well my budget is &#036;500 for a computer case a mobo AND a graphics card. That card is out of my reach.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Are any coputer cases on this site any good for my motherboard?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast