Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good scene music trackers

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Yes, so what is the coolest and hottest spot the kids today are hanging out at?

Music trackers is really all that I use. And that's one. Which is great, but here and there an album I'm seeking isn't available.
    Anything with the library of What, just not incredibly hard to keep your ratio unless you get a seedbox?

Actually soulseek will probably be just fine when I can't find an obscure album.

Oh...and everyone here is gay. ESPECIALLY Idol and his magenta stars...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Someone who looks at the colour purple and decides to call it "magenta" shouldn't be casting gay stones.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Anything with the library of What, just not incredibly hard to keep your ratio unless you get a seedbox?
    Right now, the Coke and Pepsi of music trackers are RED (Redacted.ch) and OPS (Orpheus.network), respectively. RED is closest to the What.cd of yore, whereas OPS is rather like Waffles, smaller but friendlier. Both have the "required ratio" system plus freeleech tokens. OPS also has bonus points and a thread where you can request torrents from RED, which others will cross-upload for you.

Ratio keeping without a seedbox isn't easy on either. You'll have to compete with all the gigabit boxes that autosnatch albums from the current year and mass-upload WEB rips to further pump up their ratios, which is what the cool kids do nowadays. But by permaseeding everything and making liberal use of the aforementioned and generously-given freeleech tokens, you can get very far before ratio requirements even apply.

Just like What.cd, both also have an IRC interview where you can get a "free" invite provided you pass an exam and prove your knowledge of audio encoding and site rules, for which studying material is publicly available. Note that its waiting times are a crapshoot (completely understandable since queues are long and staff are volunteers, but still frustrating). Oh, and don't have any tabs from the RED preparation site open while you do the interview, or else they will accuse you of cheating, ass-rape you, stomp on your dick and piss all over you. Although you will probably like that

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Someone who looks at the colour purple and decides to call it "magenta" shouldn't be casting gay stones.
    And someone who is male, has a shiny maple leaf avatar and suspiciously specific knowledge about color shades should be catching all the gay stones he can get
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Got me there. I'm just a graphic designer/industrial printer. And those are the colors in printers, Black, White, Cyan(blue) and Magenta(pink). I thought I'd say that rather than pink so I didn't sound like a 100% bigot. I was going for about 85%. Hope I hit it.

Anon, thanks for chiming in. Yeah, soulseek it is. I'm not gonna give out my info to some 12 yr old on irc that thinks he's all that cuz he's the gatekeeper. But I might fuck around over at RED just for the S&M shit.

You very helpful there Idol. Anon, thank you.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    You're welcome. Though I basically live to serve.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Got me there. I'm just a graphic designer/industrial printer. And those are the colors in printers, Black, White, Cyan(blue) and Magenta(pink). I thought I'd say that rather than pink so I didn't sound like a 100% bigot. I was going for about 85%. Hope I hit it.
    You still got it

Anon, thanks for chiming in. Yeah, soulseek it is. I'm not gonna give out my info to some 12 yr old on irc that thinks he's all that cuz he's the gatekeeper. But I might fuck around over at RED just for the S&M shit.
    Fopnu is worth checking out. It's a new-ish (3~4 years old) network, similar to SoulSeek and the old WinMX and Kazaa, but uses an original protocol.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Fopnu I'll check out. I was just about to donate $5 for lifetime privileges to soulseek/nicotine. I mean where the fuck can find a band called The Coffinshakers, a "gothabilly" band. That's some obscure shit to me. The couple trackers I still use laughed at me when I made that search. Although I don't know how big the trackers are you're talking about.

The other two I used years ago, surprised they're still around.

And anon, I hope you're still not considered the boogie man of filesharing as once you were.

Idol, I'm glad you're still serving. Cuz my oil is gonna need changing soon.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Fopnu I'll check out. I was just about to donate $5 for lifetime privileges to soulseek/nicotine. I mean where the fuck can find a band called The Coffinshakers, a "gothabilly" band. That's some obscure shit to me. The couple trackers I still use laughed at me when I made that search. Although I don't know how big the trackers are you're talking about.

The other two I used years ago, surprised they're still around.

And anon, I hope you're still not considered the boogie man of filesharing as once you were.

Idol, I'm glad you're still serving. Cuz my oil is gonna need changing soon.
    I think you have mistaken me for a barber, greaseball.
    Btw thanks for telling me about The Coffinshakers, a "gothabilly" band. Until that actual moment I had never seen any upside to inserting a Q-tip so far into your ear canal that it ruptured your eardrum.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19

EDIT: True story, in my teenage years me and my crowd used to go "shaking coffins" just for the fuck of it. It's horrible, but when you get your first taste for necro it never goes away.

Side note: should have named my account dingleberries. I have wait to many saved up. Cough *looking to trade them for anything* Sneeze
    Curb note: This is my b-day month, since dem ol' tendencies come a creeping every June, somebody please take good care of my berries. I have an abundance, but I've named each and every one.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 06-02-2021 at 09:39 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20

EDIT: True story, in my teenage years me and my crowd used to go "shaking coffins" just for the fuck of it. It's horrible, but when you get your first taste for necro it never goes away.
    Weird euphemism for a circle jerk but then again you were probably a goth back then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast