Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Dialogue: Kevin Smith Vs Quentin Tarantino

BANNED
    Originally posted by Ninja Monkey@2 December 2003 - 16:37
    DWk, i know im in MOVIEWORLD. that it why i posted this. i wanted to talk about something more intellegent then your favourite Back to the Future movie.
    whats something not intelligent in BTTF Trilogy!??!?!?!?!

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Kevin smith's dialouge is top notch.

hell, hes even known in his comics for amazing writing... though sometimes overly verbose...

but its still good stuff...

kryptonian sperm blowing a hole in her uterus... priceless...

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Although Tarantino has made some of the slickest scenes in modern films, I'm going to have to side with Kevin Smith. Clerks is probably the classic "early work" where he was developing his style (read good concept that didn't quite make the grade) and later on, Dogma was just brilliant and damned funny.

Guy Ritchie has somehow managed to turn 100+ minutes of music clips into a film. And done it WELL; some of the most entertaining movies in years.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    The script from Full metal Jacket especially near the beginning is imo the best ever, nothing I've seen comes close. I suppose its more of a monologue since the replies are generally yes sir or no sir, but its still brilliant.
    If anyones curious, http://www.sawnoff.demon.co.uk/script.txt

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    Yes, the start to Full Metal Jacket is brilliant, agreed.

Kevin Smith, yeah i think he has a fantastic style not that unlike Tarantino's. I do however preffer Tarantino but couldn't say who was the better.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The "Which character will reach the $100 bill first?" scene from Chasing Amy is still one of the funniest bits from a recent movie.

In fact, I rate Chasing Amy as the best Kevin Smith movie of all. Jay and Silent Bob are wonderful minor characters, but I never thought they could carry a whole film.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by clocker@3 December 2003 - 16:01
    The "Which character will reach the $100 bill first?" scene from Chasing Amy is still one of the funniest bits from a recent movie.

In fact, I rate Chasing Amy as the best Kevin Smith movie of all. Jay and Silent Bob are wonderful minor characters, but I never thought they could carry a whole film.
    what jay and silent bob were good in strikes back i like that movie and dogma was better than chasing amy but that is u pick tho

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    loved the bit in Dogma when Silent Bob chucks the angel off the train and says his first line in the film(I think)"No ticket",funniest thing I've seen in a while,why is it that the simplest things are often the funniest??

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I found Dogma to be pretty boring. It was pretty much mediocrity. I loved Clerks though.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    I haven&#39;t seen Clerks,But the other two Dogma And Chasing Amy I did find extremely funny.
    I thought that Dogma was slightly better then Chasing Amy.But that is my opinion anyway.

The question about who is better Tarantino or smith,I think they&#39;re both good in their own departments and are both completely different,they have their own specialities and trademarks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast