Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where Can I Get Win95?

I found a key to get my 98se working. It was a special internal select version. My small computer is a 166 too. I think i want to do a fresh install of windows95 on it. It only has 370mb hd. I could not find win95 on kazaa.
    Thanks, guys

2. Lounge   -   #12
    I have win95 OSR2 with product key, works fine, I have used it many times when I used to have a small pc and drive. In fact I just installed it a few days ago on my sisters' 300mhz pc, as she doesnt have much drive space either. If you contact by e-mail I can zip it up and send it by messenger if you like.

You would be best to burn it to CD I think, the OS when installed is only something like 100mb if that, i think minimal install was about 80mb maximum about 120mb

BK

3. Lounge   -   #13
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I would like to see what Windows 95 looks like...it has been so long.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Yes it is certainly a blast from the past, and it looks and feels its age now, although it is a nice little OS for those smaller systems that we all played around with. Ahhh those were the days. I had a system that was hard pressed to support ME, never mind 2000, and win98 was just too buggy, ahhh thank god for win95. I only ever saw win 3.1 in operation once, it was enough to make me not to want it. However, if you really want the win95 look and a stable OS all round, then NT4 is your thang. Yes its slow, yes it needs to be on NTFS, but its reliable.

Ahhhh, memories

BK

5. Lounge   -   #15
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    *SOB* the memories are flooding back
    I only ever saw win 3.1 in operation once
    I remember being over the moon when i got windows 3.11 for my 386 SX 25 PC. It was amazing, but then upgraded to a 486 DX...wow that was fast!

If anyone has windows 3.1, or even earlier...(windows 1 would be good&#33 I'd love to see if I could make it work through a virtual machine on my P4 2GHz
    <insert signature here>

6. Lounge   -   #16
    hehehe, yes memories, but my experience of these systems only goes back as far as win95, although it wont run on my athlon xp2000, it will load the files, but the boot up into win95 just presents the dreaded bluescreen. I dont think win95 likes something this fast. dont have a problem win98 onwards though. I have never seen windows prior to 3.1, although i&#39;ve seen the screenshots. I wonder how they&#39;d cope with broadband

I have win98 and xp dual booting on my system, but I also want another drive to boot into linux aswell.

BK

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 February 2003 - 16:30
    I would like to see what Windows 95 looks like...it has been so long.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. Lounge   -   #18
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    my first sytem was a 16mhz 386 with 2 megs of ram

it was top of the range for about 6 months. all i could use on it was dos since windows 3.11 needs 4 megs to run.

now that was was the good old days when I only had dos. it never crashed at least.

I still have the 7 win 3.11 disks under my bed i might whack them in a zip and put it on kazaa tonight.

oh yeah and linux will work on nearly any system. but I would not try installing gnome or kde they will be too big for 365mb. stick with a something basic and you should have no problem.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    i like those jpgs, especially the t-shirt with bluecreen on it. Makes you wonder doesnt it what all those bluescreens meant. Damn even microsoft were sometimes at a loss to explain them. I was an regular user of win2000 pro until late last year, after various unsuccessful attempts at running XP pro, i came to the conclusion that xp was "shite". Now i have changed my views, since the release of SP1, XP just rocks, never lets me down, i have total faith in it, and I wont go back to 2000. I have run it for days without a reboot, still works beautifully. Only thing i just cant get used to is the xp look. Changed everything back to classic look, some old dogs cant learn new tricks. Not yet anyway.

BK

10. Lounge   -   #20
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I still have the 7 win 3.11 disks under my bed i might whack them in a zip and put it on kazaa tonight.
    If you do, could you PLEASE PM me the Hash?? I got rid of all my floppys ages ago. ( I don&#39;t actually have a FDD on my main PC anymore. Got rid a while back )
    <insert signature here>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast