Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Thought On Moderation

Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Very good idea.

Yogi

2. Lounge   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Behold, the mammoth intellect that is hobbes.

Well done.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #13
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by UKMan@6 December 2003 - 22:10
    most problems would'nt even happen if people respected the thread, stuck to the topic and stopped flaming. A good heated argument is healthy - changing a topics direction because you have nothing to say except make a noise is childish - what you say hobbes is a good idea - give people time to cool down - delete the crap and carry on again.
    Of course, the problem arises when someone who doesn't know how to handle a heated argument comes in.

As for the freezing idea, it's a good one. However, it should be accompanied by an image like

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. Lounge   -   #14
    I actuality was envisioning a cube of ice that would "melt" with time and when it had become a puddle, the thread would re-open.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@7 December 2003 - 00:53
    I actuality was envisioning a cube of ice that would "melt" with time and when it had become a puddle, the thread would re-open.
    Have you stolen some of my apple at all, my carrot munching friend.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    internet.news
    Originally posted by hobbes@6 December 2003 - 19:43
    I just read Jetje's post in another thread and I appreciate the no win situations Mods can be placed in.

When a thread is removed, this bothers people as most never come back and we feel censored by some arbitrary decision and powerless to fight it.

As Jetje explains, sometimes you have a decent thread but at some point a few people get all worked up and start cursing at each other. Perhaps instead of locking or deleting the thread, we could place an "icecube" on it to cool it down for a few hours. Let those posters stop frothing at the mouth and calm down.

This would save decent threads from being scrapped.

So:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    icecube: temporary lock to let people cool off.

lock: for threads which were never intended for anything but flaming (see anything posted by Hypoluxa3000)

Delete: for threads saying "Hey, look at my site, link here". The forum is gracious enough to allow us to post links to our forums in the sig. section.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why not delete the locked threads?

Having these threads available to read will allow us to get a better picture of what people are really like, warts and all, as JPol said. If people want to poop on our forum, let them lie in it, don't clean it up for them.

edit: My comments are made as general comments on the board. If I were upset with a particular Mod, I would have discussed this via PM.
    I totally agree - If I would be a Moderator, I would not delete posts, I would
    add a comment in Red Colors!!!

To warn e.g. people of this thread and what I think of it.

But the mods are just humans But deleting should not be as this should
    be forum ffor sharing

Only some posts with "Advirtisements" like "Insurance" and "Penis Enlargement"
    stuff that are money based. Not all money based stuff is bad, and it idifficult for
    mods to decide.

I would not delete posts cause I cannot judge over people cause they are just humans But I would a comment with my opinion

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the strangest person in Europe competition is ....

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by J'Pol@7 December 2003 - 02:10
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the strangest person in Europe competition is ....
    Now don't be modest, JPol!!!

We all know it is .......

Yogi

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by SensualGardening+7 December 2003 - 01:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening &#064; 7 December 2003 - 01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@7 December 2003 - 02:10
    Now don&#39;t be modest, JPol&#33;&#33;&#33;

We all know it is .......

Yogi[/b][/quote]
    Fair point, well presented.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    It&#39;s not my evening this evening...first I lose out to J&#39;pol for a kiss from Skweeky and now this...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast