Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Windows Longhorn

Poster
    Originally posted by wizzandabe@15 February 2003 - 15:57
    ok but one problem i haven got it i dont konw where to get it from.
    http://galleries.vinyamar.com/sig2dat/

Type Longhorn in the search. Don't know if it's verified. Don't know how many users.

Good Luck

Cheers

JimF

PS Let us know how you get on

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    well i got on ok i ended up not downloading it but i got it by other means. i got a orignal cd must of come from ms i supose any way it took about 45min to install (upgrade) and it is very good i recon 2000 is probaly a bit better in the speed of it

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Let us know how you get on. is it stable etc. Perhaps a screenshot or three.

Cheers

JimF

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by JimF@15 February 2003 - 22:28
    Let us know how you get on. is it stable etc. Perhaps a screenshot or three.

Cheers

JimF
    Yeah, I'd like to see what LH looks like.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by wizzandabe@15 February 2003 - 13:52
    well i got on ok i ended up not downloading it but i got it by other means. i got a orignal cd must of come from ms i supose any way it took about 45min to install (upgrade) and it is very good i recon 2000 is probaly a bit better in the speed of it
    i dont think its from ms. ms was already pissed that longhorn was leaked and they would never make a cd of an os that's still in its alpha stage. yes, lh is very slow. also, go here for sum updates to longhorn. it gives u an activation crack and the fix to ie. there's sum other stuff too but i forgot wut it is.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Just get a comprehensive backup using drive image or norton ghost of your OS on a CDR (or if its too big split it into bits) and then you can fuck with your computer till your dick dries up and just reinstal the Image any time you need it and your old os is back as if nothing ever happened

P.s. it helps if you keep your c: partition small Mine is 3 GB for the os and essential drivers and apps

then you never have to reformat and reinstall the os unless you realy need to install a lot of updated drivers and essential apps, I only need to do this about once and max twice a year.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    www.themeworld.com has the longhorn xp theme, i presonally think it sucks balls..

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    OMG! the themes are for win95/98/me! but if u want the theme for xp, go here but the site doesnt work most of the time. search for the Plex Theme, since that's wut the theme is called. but to install the theme, u need StyleXP. go here to get a trial of it.

but the experience of the theme compared to the real longhorn is completely different. but if u want the theme, go ahead.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    You can get Longhorn off IRC easily! Go to PacketNews and do a search for Longhorn. Its around 530MB.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    ok

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast