Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Help

Poster
    those text effects he want it really easy to do in swish i highly recommend it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    coffecup firestarter from Fosi. No need to fight with it, just type, and choose effects, timeline, etc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    While you're at it, can you also translate this language for him,
    bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...
    bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...
    bla...bla... bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...
    bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...
    bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...
    Yeah, thats why I sort of explained it... then followed up by saying, check the HELP files, which explain how to use those tools. Its not exactly rocket science either. It uses the most basic concept of flash -keyframes- and some simple settings for your font. I told him the hard part, the things that need to be changed, all he has to do is read up on those.

I dont think thats the way actually, the text kind of vibrates, like in a matrix effect
    Using keyframes, you can make the words "stutter" or shake in movement. Personally that's how I would do it, but there may be an easier way if someone has the time to explain it.

Good luck

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    Originally posted by mojo2185@7 December 2003 - 01:53
    While you're at it, can you also translate this language for him,
    bla...bla... bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...
    bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...
    bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...bla...
    Yeah, thats why I sort of explained it... then followed up by saying, check the HELP files, which explain how to use those tools. Its not exactly rocket science either. It uses the most basic concept of flash -keyframes- and some simple settings for your font. I told him the hard part, the things that need to be changed, all he has to do is read up on those.
    Trust me. When I was in his position I wouldn't of know what you were saying. You know what you said confused him more

Anyway from what you said you sound like a good Flash user

How good are you?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Trust me. When I was in his position I wouldn't of know what you were saying. You know what you said confused him more
    Anyway from what you said you sound like a good Flash user
    How good are you?
    It probably is a little confusing, but if he takes the time to read up on it, he'll find its not all that difficult to do, and he'll remember it more. Honestly, thats how I started. I saw all these cool flash things, and set out to try to learn how to do them. I read tons of tutorials and learned a ton of cool things. To anyone interested, I can dig up some of the site URLs that I used that had great tutorials on them, just ask.
    zaplarue, if you have some specific questions on keyframes or other things, post em, I'm sure that I can help a little and KazaaBoy said he could probably help too. It would help to know what program you're using (FlashMX, Swish, etc...).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I am helping him right now through MSN

But can you post the urls you said that helped

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Some of the sites that I used to learn flash were:
    www.flashkit.com (the best in my opinion)
    www.cbtcafe.com
    www.were-here.com (strange name, but it had some Flash Tutorials on it)
    and I also went through every flash tutorial included in FlashMX.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, to make the text move smoothly (before making it jitter or vibrate), use Motion Tweening (if you're using FlashMX).

Good luck

By the way, I've put together a small sample that I just threw together based on the text that was on that site. It's not as good, because mine's just a demonstration of what can be done using keyframes, opacity (actually called Alpha in Flash), and scaling. If you're interested, i can probably email it to you (I don't think I can post it here).

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Upload it to a server then link it here. When I get it you can remove it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I don't have any servers to upload to, and don't have the time right now to sign up for one. Its really small, can I just email it? I can send the *.swf and the *.fla (created with FlashMX) if you would like.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    seriously tellin ppl to learn keyframes, motion tweens, actionscript or in swish ( stop(); play(); ) wont really help... lol ... i say get swish 2.0 and then move on to swishmax... or try flash mx...

try to get some ebooks.. i can see if i can upload some...

www.kirupa.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast