Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Newbie Gets The Runaround

Originally posted by RGX@8 December 2003 - 12:31
    I'd just like to stick up for some Ebay electronics traders, my brother is one and is extremley good and fair at what he does, he is a power seller
    a good feedback list does count for something. i'd be a lot more confident in sending a few hundred dollars to a guy with several hundred positives and only five or ten negatives, than to somebody who's completed fewer than twenty sales.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@9 December 2003 - 05:57
    @Lamsey
    u live in UK mybe there 2nd hand computer r expensive but here in UAE u get a pIII 1.0for 80$ with good Hardware Spec.
    You can get a laptop (not a desktop) with a PIII 1.0 and matching specs for $80?

edit: yeah, the guy did have good feedback

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    No
    Laptop is way expensive even 2nd hand, mybe ma mistake i didnt know ur talking about laptop

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Ex-member
    Thought so; otherwise I was planning a trip to Dubai!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    if ur coming to dubai u can buy some thing for me in uk and bring it with u cuz i can get it here and in return i can give u tour in dubai

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    umm... don't know if this service is available in the UK, but around my area there are shops that speciallize in replacing the worn out innards of old rechargeable batteries used in mobile phones, power tools and yes, laptops. The service is called "repacking"

Repacking is cheaper than buying a new battery and the environmentalists like it too.

Hope that helps.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    there used to me a desktop notebook on ebuyer a wee while ago, it had a 1ghz cpu and bout 256mb ram i think for about 350 new, it didnt come with a battery coz i was aiming at the desktop market, but with laptop size, you can buy the battery seperate for 60, http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...&subcat_uid=486

but they dont seem to have it any more.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Ex-member
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@9 December 2003 - 09:26
    umm... don't know if this service is available in the UK, but around my area there are shops that speciallize in replacing the worn out innards of old rechargeable batteries used in mobile phones, power tools and yes, laptops. The service is called "repacking"

Repacking is cheaper than buying a new battery and the environmentalists like it too.

Hope that helps.
    Haven't managed to find anyone in the UK doing it... although it seems to be very popular is Australia

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    or, if you find out what the pins are for, and rig up a car battery to use on your laptop? as it will probably last alot longer.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Livy@9 December 2003 - 15:40
    or, if you find out what the pins are for, and rig up a car battery to use on your laptop? as it will probably last alot longer.

That would be fun, trying to cycle with that on my back

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast