Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Post Counts

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@8 December 2003 - 17:05
    i think we should have # of posts and a link to posts. that would better than just a link
    Yeah I agree. We can still see how many post they have..your just making it HARDER..I like to see my post. Not that I spam or anything I dont post for no reason, but I like to see how many I get..When I see 1,000 Post...I feel good lol.

Also, what is the point of seeing every post someone has ever written? We dont know what it pertains to really so whats the point? Just wasted server space.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #82
    @bigdawgfoxx, the posts of members are more important than the number of posts they have made. For you it might be important to check your own post count but for others its just useless. And thats the way it should be. Quality of posts and not quantity. I guess you have missed several threads that have had numerous discussions about the same.

Sometimes, mod's need to see what the member has posted before to judge his moderation level - in case the member breaks a rule or so. Sometimes it also helps to see other's members post if you know what they have been posting. Folks in Software World post some really good stuff. If you know the person who has quality posts you could just see his posts like that.

Its useless debating this issue anymore. The way it is, its for the best! I hope you will realize this soon as well.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #83
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]+7 December 2003 - 23:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([O][T] @ 7 December 2003 - 23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@8 December 2003 - 04:44
    What that sucks then when do we have 5 stars?

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=22373

BOT
    [/quote]
    ya but there are NO post counts
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #84
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by I.am@8 December 2003 - 20:17
    @bigdawgfoxx, the posts of members are more important than the number of posts they have made. For you it might be important to check your own post count but for others its just useless. And thats the way it should be. Quality of posts and not quantity. I guess you have missed several threads that have had numerous discussions about the same.

Sometimes, mod&#39;s need to see what the member has posted before to judge his moderation level - in case the member breaks a rule or so. Sometimes it also helps to see other&#39;s members post if you know what they have been posting. Folks in Software World post some really good stuff. If you know the person who has quality posts you could just see his posts like that.

Its useless debating this issue anymore. The way it is, its for the best&#33; I hope you will realize this soon as well.
    i like the link, and i like the post count too. which is y we should have both

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #85
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    &#39;sighhhhhhh&#39;

If ya wanna see the number of posts, simply click

The members name
    DAMNNNNN&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #86
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Busyman@10 December 2003 - 19:15
    &#39;sighhhhhhh&#39;

If ya wanna the number of posts, simply click

The members name
    DAMNNNNN&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Same thing can be done for &#39;Member Posts&#39;. The link could be removed from under our avatars.

Click the members name and then click &#39;Find all posts by this member&#39;. You get the same result.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #87
    i guareentee you that if you click see members post on the boards hardcore spammers in coming days and since monday their daily post counts will have dropped dramatically.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #88
    +1 :P (my favorite method of racking up post counts).

Seriously, this very thread is a perfect way to rack up post counts as well along with learning a new information. I&#39;ll be sure to keep that in mind on how to check post counts. I thought that kind of stuff was self explainatory.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #89
    Well I waited to comment so that I could see how I actually felt about this. Odd EVERY forum I visit has post counts and I base what I read on their post count, somewhat at least. Now after all the whining around here they get removed, how does this benifit this forum and other nOObs. I actually miss seeing nOObs and other members post count and just feel that a piece of this forum has unnessarily been removed...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #90
    I think there should be the link and how many, I ususally judge people on how many they have got, and how many they got, they get more repect. Lets have them back.. B)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast