Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kilobits Or Kilobutes?

Thanks bud, my Normal Max Speed is about 60kb/s (so thats about right) and I have 2 Upload Slots Available, when both of them are taken they Never go Higher than 8.00kb/s each (so im guessing I can Increase my Upload Speen in K-lite then? so that people get the full 30kb/s that they should be getting?)

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@8 December 2003 - 20:26
    (so im guessing I can Increase my Upload Speen in K-lite then? so that people get the full 30kb/s that they should be getting?)
    well, if you offer your full upload speed then you will 'choke' your download bandwidth and any downloads will suffer
    offering approx 80-85% of your available upload is probably the best solution
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Well lets see here...

My software is telling me that my Max Upstream Rate in KBPS is 288 and I had it set in K-Lite to use 128, I have now changed it to use 256.

Will that choke me or should it be ok?

P.S. Thanks 4 all the help bud.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@8 December 2003 - 20:31
    Well lets see here...

My software is telling me that my Max Upstream Rate in KBPS is 288 and I had it set in K-Lite to use 128, I have now changed it to use 256.

Will that choke me or should it be ok?

P.S. Thanks 4 all the help bud.
    that might choke things, but the only way to find out is to experiment...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Ok so if I Notice a Drop in my Normal Max Download Speed I will set it to 128 again. Thanks&#33;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12