Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hotmail Hates Me

wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@14 December 2003 - 16:30
    1 - That would be an option , but most people only know my Hotmail adress.
    2 - I'm getting my connection through LAN , and for some reason Outlook only "works" on the other PC - haven't had the time to look into this.
    3 - Avoiding the problem isn't always a solution , I'd like to fix this.
    u can put yr hotmail including the hotmail address through outlook express but outlook not safe

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Just how "not safe" is Outlook ? It's not like I have any critical information in my mails , but then again...
    What would you recommend for e-mail? Plus , HOW do I FIX this Hotmail CR*P !

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    im saying its not safe because if u ge email from someone u dont know it opens the email on the bottom part but if u got norton u should be safe cause i think it protects it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Just renewed the ol' Norton subscription. I know what you mean - I don't even dare open my junkmail , fearing the crap that shows up... "buy a Master diploma" - THAT'S WHY I AM STUDYING !

So ... the Hotmail issue ?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I like the way you are still stuck at the problem. Most people find alternate solutions and remain happy

Abt outlook, outlook and outlook express both are very unsafe. Norton email safe is ok but gives problems conflicting with xp updates quite a lot somehow. Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the most secure and open source programs i find helpful. I use both OE and Thunderbird and can find the difference easily.

The reason I asked abt xp update is because the newest hotfixes from microsoft tend to mess up most of the computers. Uninstalling them is the only solution or restoring to a previous point.
    But that might not be your case if its only happening in on one site

Now for hotmail,
    Did this always happen in the new layout? Or the problem started recenetly. Have you tried going to IE > Tools > Internet Options> Advance> Restore Defaults.

Try restoring to defaults to see if the problem is fixed. I doubt though but check it out.

Try any of the other msn sites other than hotmail and see if the problem persists.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    You are my God &#33; I worship thy &#33;

Seriously , restoring the defaults made all my problems vanish - can&#39;t BELIEVE I didn&#39;t think about just resetting the damn thing...

This is exactly why I refuse to give up on a problem - eventually , someone comes along and saves your sanity.

Thanks &#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    :">

I am glad the problem wasnt that big&#33;
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Riight... you&#39;re done being my god.

The M*THERF*CK*NG PIECE OF G*DD*MN CR*P broke down again &#33;

Someone give me my G*DD*MN shotgun , I&#39;m gonna kill however sold me this CR*P &#33;

( calms down , takes his medecine)

Right then - any more solutions ?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Update : no problem with other MSN sites , Messenger works fine as well.
    Ran virusscanner , ad-aware AND spybot to be sure - nothing.
    Checked settings - all on default.

Losing ... will ... to live ...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    aww that being God part was fun, once more

here we go again

Like i said, try other msn sites to see if its ok otherwise you might have to do repair of IE through winxp setup cd.

Try checking out other sites I cant think of one right now which has all the things I am looking for. But fool around on MSN a little bit to see. If you get same problem you might have to do repair or reinstall.

Edit: Just saw your update. Try going to hotmail site again and this time dont open any other browser instances.
    If it doesnt work, i would suggest doing a repair through xp cd. Or worst come worst uninstall it and reinstall again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast