Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein Captured

Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+14 December 2003 - 15:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 14 December 2003 - 15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rock Tonic Juice Magic@14 December 2003 - 23:48
    silly america

like capturing saddam
    will change anything
    Actually, watch and learn what this will do.

You should become familiar with the legend of Pancho Villa. He was a Mexican general, who probably died in a cave somewhere.

His mysterious disappearance sparked a legend about him. 150 years later, people still talk about him being alive. Crazy, sure, but that is the power of the unknown.

Saddam is now seen to be a secularist coward, not an Islamic symbol.

His cowardly capture is monumental. [/b][/quote]
    Pancho Villa led part of the Mexican Revolution and tried to show the Mexican people not to be scared. he was ambushed and shot 42 times. hes a hero amung some of my people and to some hes not. hes dead but of course in the American history book hes portrayed somewhat as a evil bad man kinda funny when i read it. as for Tonic Juice, hes a moron plain and simple. what he doesn&#39;t recognize is we might have saved his country from getting bombed by Saddam. he was a threat to any country he didn&#39;t like. stupid Anti Americans. they will talk shit so far away, shows how cowardly they are.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Pitbul,

I hope you realize that I was just giving Pancho Villa as an example, and in no way wanted to degrade his heroism or place in history. Whether he is American or Mexican, his individual strength is what is to be respected.

I just wanted to demomstrate the power of the unknown.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    FatBastard
    Originally posted by FKDUP74@15 December 2003 - 09:12
    regarding the "cronology...." BS
    not exactly the best sources to rely on
    extreme leftists all the way

Washingtonpost.com. December 30, 2002
    Jonathan Broder. Nuclear times, Winter 1990-91 US Department of State;
    Kurt Nimno. AlterNet. September 23, 2002
    Newyorktimes.com. August 29, 2002
    ABC Nightline. June9, 1992
    Counter Punch, October 10, 2002
    Riegle Report: Dual Use Exports. Senate Committee on Banking. May 25, 1994
    Timeline: A walk Through Iraq&#39;s History. U.S. Department of State
    Doing Business: The Arming of Iraq. Daniel Robichear
    Glen Rangwala. Labor Left Briefing, 16 September, 2002
    Financial Times of London. July 3, 1991
    Elson E. Boles. Counter Punch. October 10, 2002
    Iran-Iraq War, 1980-1988. Iranchamber.com
    Columbia Journalism Review. March/April 1993. Iraqgate
    Times Online. December 31, 2002. How U.S. Helped Iraq Build Deadly Arsenal
    Bush&#39;s Secret Mission. The New Yorker Magazine. November 2, 1992
    Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia: Iran-Contra Affair
    Congressional Record. July 27, 1992. Representative Henry B. Gonzalez
    Bob Woodward. CIA Aiding Iraq in Gulf War. Washington Post. 15 December, 1986
    Case Study: The Anfal Campaign. www.gendercide.com
    Yeah, sure, you just keep talking out of your arse. Any view you people don&#39;t like has to be extreme left, doesn&#39;t it? Come up with an opposing view then, be constructive.

Read the list again; U.S. Department of State; Senate Committee on Banking; Financial Times of London; Times Online; Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia; Congressional Record. As for the Washington Post, the New Yorker Magazine, New York Times and ABC, how extreme left are they?

Sadam Hussein will be charged with internal atrocities, in an Iraqi court. If he were to be tried in an international court, he could be charged with war crimes. The war crimes were commited against Kuwait and Iran. In this court, he could submit evidence of outside complicity, monetary and weapons support. I don&#39;t think the US wants this, and will be quite happy for him to be tried in Iraq.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    so whats gonna happen to Saddam? is he going to death penelty or soemthing?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I doubt it&#39;s him.

I think it&#39;s really the creepy old maintenance guy from the amusement park&#33;

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by Monkeee@15 December 2003 - 07:29
    so whats gonna happen to Saddam? is he going to death penelty or soemthing?
    It&#39;s a possibility, depending on what he&#39;s charged with, and where he&#39;s on trial.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    jetje's Avatar former star
    well already heared some conspiracy complot theories

The US had Saddam already for a long time, just brouht it out right now. they already broke him (interigation) that&#39;s why he looked this way(as a broken man not resisting).
    Because of the fact no one knew they had him they could do with him what they wanted (no questions asked) so interegation could be against every human right rule 2nd reason is quite obvious with the forthcoming president elections and the very bad poll score Bush has now he could use a little succes..
    The weapons of mass destruction will pop up in march-april of next year, to help GW get re -elected

personally i have nothing with Saddam, i think it&#39;s a very bad dictator that has done a lot evil to his people and deserves not much respect. But i must say i can&#39;t understand the way he&#39;s treated now. The US declared him a POW (prissoner of war) but do everything that&#39;s against the genevian convention. That is made to give POW some rights. Following that rules they wren&#39;t allowed to show the fysical exam they gave him also the shaving etc on TV, hell they weren&#39;t allowed to show him in public at all

therefor i can believe the last conspiracy saying it was not a bad time to get some good news for George W

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    Poster
    I thought he was arrested. That is what was said on the BBC and on Sky.

Is that not different from capturing an opponent, making them a prisoner of war. I don&#39;t know if the Geneva Convention covers arrested persons.

Anyway, a dictator with a horrendous record of human rights violations has been caught. The Iraqi people seem happy about it. Certainly the pressmen were, in addition to any civilians in the street who were televised and everyone I have heard speak on television.

A damn fine day. Now let the Iraqi people try this monster. There has already been a senior Judge in Iraq saying that they were ready and able to do it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I haven&#39;t much to say on the subject but I would ask one genuine question.

I&#39;m probably wrong but the footage shown yesterday of Saddam having an oral examination, wasn&#39;t that a medical examination and so private.

It may be completely irrelevant but isn&#39;t that a breach of Geneva conventions?

Can anyone shed any light?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by chalice@15 December 2003 - 08:57
    I haven&#39;t much to say on the subject but I would ask one genuine question.

I&#39;m probably wrong but the footage shown yesterday of Saddam having an oral examination, wasn&#39;t that a medical examination and so private.

It may be completely irrelevant but isn&#39;t that a breach of Geneva conventions?

Can anyone shed any light?
    They may have been checking for the much-storied "suicide capsule".

I think if they were checking him for a testicular rupture you might then beg privacy.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast