Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Asap

You can cross your fingers now!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    I can't believe that anyone would want to install "Windows me".

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    BANNED
    i used to use it before winxp.... never had problems with it i mean...besides blue screen hehe

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    it's a lifestyle choice for some.

I can't beleive anyone with advanced computer skills would want to install XP but it takes all kinds I guess.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    BANNED
    hehe

its ok balamm we all love you didnt your parents tell you that?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@16 December 2003 - 13:30
    it's a lifestyle choice for some.

I can't beleive anyone with advanced computer skills would want to install XP but it takes all kinds I guess.
    What OS do you suggest?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Depends what you wanna do. If all you want is yahoo and a jukebox, then XP is fine.
    There's some very interesting OS's that can do that and a whole lot more.

warp 4 is pretty cool. beos is interesting. any of the earlier NT systems and win2k are OK. Even they are a bit limited for my taste though. I prefer to run the advanced server version with no limits on what I can do or serve.

If you want the ultimate OS, it's gotta be knoppix at the moment. You don't need a hard drive, it's totally fool proof, and it's about time people got to know Linux.

You just throw in a CD and if anything goes wrong, reboot. It's exactly like it was the first time you ran it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Lifestyle choice ? Try lack of time , money , and the fact that the CD was lying around...
    The only reason ME was installed in the first place was because of an impressively skilled salesman and PC - unsavvy parents ( even compared to me...)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    I comfortable with XP Corp. SP1 for now. The NTFS is better than the FAT32. It does everything I need it to do. I don't have my PC setup as a server. I tweaked a lot of the spyware out of XP. I can do DVD movie editing in real time. My capture card works perfect in XP. All of my Unreal Tournament games and levels work great too. Drivers are readily available for my hardware.

I would like an operating system that uses only the resources that I actually need. No spyware. Antivirus software. Supports GeForce and ATI drivers and every hardware device I have. 3D video games, video editing and all of the goodies. And I want one road, nonstop, that goes directly from my driveway to where I work. Is this too much?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BANNED
    w0ot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast