Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Wanna F**k With My Isp

hey, : try this if you got a cable modem or any some thing that connects up to a Ether Net then you need a router that suports it. dont bother with just going out and saying "ohh that should work" read what it says. any way if it does suport it then try connecting it up to one computer then run a lead to the other computer this would defantly work as long as you do not give it a IP adress.
    i know this from my course i am doing at the momant.

if you get any problums with it then it you modem that has the folt. really sorry to tell you that.

P.S. there is no way in hell that a ISP provider can see what you are doing with you bandwith. all they can do is monitor your bandwith unless you are useing there softare then they can see what you are doing with it.
    i recomend just connecting up useing ether-net this is the best way if you have Windows 2000 or windows XP.
    It will do all the work for you all you have yo do is run a Network set-up saying that the comuper that is getting the internet first is shearing the internet and that there are more computers on the network.
    and on the secound computer say that it is getting the internet from another computer. this should work. if it does not then there is some thing completle ronge with you internet.

That way i just said woud make a internet server for you your router will have more space for more computers on it. this is what i would do

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Routers pretend to be a computer themselfs, most of them have their on mac address...

When you configure your router to connect to the isp, your router get's the ipadress that is assigned to you by your isp, your isp cant see behind your router (at least not routers with a hardware firewall otherwise I dont know).

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    well ill try it again and ill see how it goes. BTW: xp has some wizards about setting up a network. you think i can trust it (knowing windows )?

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    if worst comes to worst, stick another network card in the connected pc, connect via crossover, then connect

but your router will have its own mac address and the isp will only see that one, if indeed they want to

andd noone would use you as an isp unless you have a shit hot connection
    <insert signature here>

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    hmm, forgot to post.

got the latest firmware for the router and it works like a charm. bye, bye isp :box:

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    h1
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@20 December 2003 - 08:48
    I think the only thing you are NOT allowed to do is to try be an ISP and make money&nbsp;

Hey, i wonder if thats even possible to allow someone to dial into your PC and go online like that&nbsp;
    Cheeseboxing is possible with PCs?

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    what the fuck is Cheeseboxing ?

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini+20 December 2003 - 07:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Gemini &#064; 20 December 2003 - 07:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Cotton@20 December 2003 - 14:32
    Y would ur isp care if you share the bandwidth??

Its your bandwidth you can do what u want with it.

I think hes been cleaning the paint brushes inside again&#33;&#33;
    I think the only thing you are NOT allowed to do is to try be an ISP and make money

Hey, i wonder if thats even possible to allow someone to dial into your PC and go online like that [/b][/quote]
    I have a ras server and a vpn server running on my mj-12.........its very easy to do.

With a ras you want make sure you have a telephone line that you dont use so it can be dialed into.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    h1
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@13 February 2004 - 22:12
    what the fuck is Cheeseboxing ?
    An old trick phreakers used to pull which would effectively turn their phone into a payphone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12