Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Msn Messenger

Poster
    MSN Messenger sux. Get AOL instant messenger. Very popular and all my friends use it and its simple.

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    block these 200.59.91.10,200.163.190.151 in your firewall

this will clear your problem with MSN popups...

it helped me, hope it helps you

cheers

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@17 February 2003 - 19:30
    I've being getting a lot of popup ads when I've being using MSN Messenger. Final sorted it out so if your having the same problem this is what you do, oh this is for XP by the way.

Right click on 'My Computer' icon on the desktop and select 'Manage'. In the 'Computer Management' window, click on the “+” sign to the left of 'Services And Applications'. In the tree that opens up, click on 'Services' scroll down the Services menu, locate 'Messenger', right click and select 'Properties'. In 'Startup Type', choose 'Disabled' in 'Service Status', click on 'Stop' Then click on 'Apply' then on 'OK' to close, then close the 'Computer Management' window.
    i don't think that messenger is the samething as msn messenger. but if it worked for u, that's great...

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    I use MSN, its perfect.

Thres nothing wrong with it at all. It can be removed, it can be taken off start up, it can be switched off, and it can be setup not to start with outlook.

Some of the above posts just show the ignorance people have for Microsoft programs.

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Poster
    Nothing is wrong with MSN and I don't get pop-ups. I guess I am just lucky. However, Trillian Pro rules. Gotta love the skins it comes with and the ability to dl more of them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345