Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Painting The Inside Of My Case

Duffman's Avatar Poster
    why not just buy a plain old 5$ can of paint or rather paint the dvd drive over a new case

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    it is a nice case though

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Wee question though, don't you have to make sure the paint is heat resistant an' if possible non-flammable once it has dried, something with an acryllic base perhaps.

I was going to paint my case, 'cuz I don't like the colour, but I couldn't decide what paint to buy on account of the heat, I know there's probably nothing that'd be hot enough to do any damage which'd be against the painted parts, but I still think you might want to get something aimed at resisting the rigours of hotter environments.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I just use ordinary matt black spray paint, available from all good diy stores, oh but I use plain white primer first, gives a nice matt finish after a few coats, and dries pretty quick as well, suprised me

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    would this do?

btw, would i have to take off the current coat of paint in order to apply this? or do i just overlap it?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    that'd work i suppose and you don't have to take off the old coat but its recomened, for a better finish with less chance of cracking

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    i think im just gonna paint the front panel plate on the burner instead of the whole case...

heres the paint color for my case.....what worries me is the EXTREMELY FLAMABLE part....but this is the front panel plate of the dvd drive so it should be anythign dangerous right?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    everythings flammable, you need a match not 95 degree temerature to ignite it though :flame:

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Originally posted by Duffman3@22 December 2003 - 21:55
    everythings flammable
    not so
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+22 December 2003 - 23:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 22 December 2003 - 23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Duffman3@22 December 2003 - 21:55
    everythings flammable
    not so [/b][/quote]
    Stick it in a sun an&#39; we&#39;ll see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast