Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9600se

Poster
    tomorow? tomorow is saturday....im guessing you wont get it till tuesday or monday

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    fuck shit damn fuck..i thought it was wensday..i dont keep track of days newayz lol. Untill i get my new graphics card ill just use my old pos.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    I just bought an ATI RADEON 9600 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X for $127.00 (USD) Is this a reasonable price? I checked 7 different vendors for the exact same ATI card and they all sell them, ranging from $127.00 up to $165.00

-----------

So, I needed a card anyhow because my old GeForce4 MX 440 went crazy. No matter what, I think I have a decent ATI video card now for that price.

----------

Some people say GeForce (Nvidia) is the best. Others say the newer ATI are the best. I don't know. So I switched from Geforce this time to ATI. Maybe in a few years, and a few VGA switches, I can tell you which is better.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Guess what. The "ATI RADEON 9600" already sucks! Okay, it is great for TV output. It is great for Autocad and video editing, but it SUCKS for 3d video gaming!!! I am taking it back and going for the more expensive 128MB GeForce4 card that I saw.

You know, that other card I had (Geforce MX 440 64MB) was a fairly good card. I saw those for sale today for about $35.00. I should buy 2 of those. They last me about a year, so I could be good for 2 years, on video cards.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    are you talking about the 9600 or the 9600se? if you're talking about the regular 9600 and you're saying its worst then your mx440....theres something wrong w/ your system

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Not the "SE", just the regular.

The thing is, the game(s) that I have are designed around the NVIDIA chipset.

The ATI 9600 that I have, has a slight problem mapping some of the 3D images. The game play is smooth, but I am a 'visual person' and like all of the fancy FX to look real and amazing, and most of all, MAPPED correctly.

---------------------------
    Right now I am using an emergency 16MB NVIDIA VANTA/LT until I gat a video card that I like. I have no probelms with it for general purposes. Has no TV-Out, and can handle most video editing and low resolutiuon processing for video captireing. It even works half way decent with some of my 3D games in Low-Resolution modes.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@27 December 2003 - 22:34
    Not the "SE", just the regular.

The thing is, the game(s) that I have are designed around the NVIDIA chipset.

The ATI 9600 that I have, has a slight problem mapping some of the 3D images. The game play is smooth, but I am a 'visual person' and like all of the fancy FX to look real and amazing, and most of all, MAPPED correctly.

---------------------------
    Right now I am using an emergency 16MB NVIDIA VANTA/LT until I gat a video card that I like. I have no probelms with it for general purposes. Has no TV-Out, and can handle most video editing and low resolutiuon processing for video captireing. It even works half way decent with some of my 3D games in Low-Resolution modes.
    your a "visual person" and you like all your stuff to look fancy and real and amazin....and yet your last gfx card was a mx440

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    BANNED
    mx440 can still hold up...

one thing is liking fancy "visual" things.... the other is having the money to buy every 500 dollars card each time a new one comes out....

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    hes saying the 9600 is worst then his mx440

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    All I am saying, is that the ATI is not working the way I expected it to. If it takes a crappy card to do what I want, then I'll buy the crappy card.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast