Thread: 9600se

Poster
    i might need glasses but, whats the difference between the two pictures

nm, saw the pillar on the pics...have you try different driver

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@27 December 2003 - 19:08
    i might need glasses but, whats the difference between the two pictures
    The one on the left has SQUARE halos around the lights. The pillars are mapped off-centered.

The one on the right is correctly mapped.

Hard to tell with a still picture, but very noticeable in actual game play.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    1) MX440's still rock for games, cheap and clockable

2) Spin, have you tried the omega drivers?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@27 December 2003 - 19:11
    1) MX440's still rock for games, cheap and clockable

2) Spin, have you tried the omega drivers?
    No, I haven't tried those drivers. I already boxed the ATI. Tomorrow, I am going back with Geforce, but something a bit more powerful than the MX440. The vendor may not give me my money back (credit card), so I'll probably be credited for another store purchase. So I got to find a GeForce NVIDIA card worth $127.00 or more.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I have the 9600SE, I had trouble installing the Drivers because I kept getting a INF error but fixed it. I was just wondering anyone with the 9600 SE what are your tweak settings. It works fine on PC and u get a free mail-in or download of HL2.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    i bought but im still buying parts to build my computer so i cant test it, but i heard it was good so i dont know ? does the 9600 SE really sucks?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    You know, if you wanted to go with maybe a Geforce4 MX 440 2x/4x AGP 128MB card, I happen to have one, (the one in my signature) that im selling right now....

http://forums.amdmb.com/showthread.p...hreadid=279109

41 Bucks is a steal......

Clocked at 284/383 right now too.

I am getting a new card soon as well, so it never hurts to ask if anyone wants it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    BANNED
    its just 4x, john? damn, my mx440 is 64ddr but its 8x

best card hehe

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by dsa16@27 December 2003 - 23:35
    I have the 9600SE, I had trouble installing the Drivers because I kept getting a INF error but fixed it. I was just wondering anyone with the 9600 SE what are your tweak settings. It works fine on PC and u get a free mail-in or download of HL2.
    are you sure? according to ati website, they only give those coupons to the more expensive line up of 9600 series....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    OK, I narrowed the problem down to my either my motherboard or the CPU causing the problem. I exchanged the ATI 9600 for a GeForce 5600 256 MB DDR and still have serious problems. SO, I bought a new Pentium4 2.6GHz CPU and had to downgrade to an ATI 5200 128 MB DDR, spending all this money is too much for me. Now I need a new motherboard. I don't want to take a chance on blowing out another CPU or video card with the current motherboard. The only thing left is my power supply, and I bought that NEW in August. It is 550 watt with dual fan cooling. I hope the power supply is not the root of the problem. I spent WAY too much money this weekend.

Has anyone here blown out a video card? Here's what happened to me twice. The first "blow-out" was with a GeForce ti440, suddenly the screen went blank, then a moment later the computer restarted with wacky graphics. The second time, the same thing happened with the Geforce 5600, but the computer never restarted. Oh, and a month ago, my geforce mx440 just deteriorated, no sudden blow-out. It just started acting funny with weird graphics.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast