Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake In Iran

Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@31 December 2003 - 12:57
    Cotton

If little children crushed beneath rubble floats your boat who are we to argue?

:helpsmile:
    Those Dirty Middle Easteners Celebrate the destruction of the Towers, i celebrate the destrcution of their rocks...

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Another troller

if your looking to get a rise from someone, I don't think you'll find it here (hopefully).

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    When I first heard this news it was reported that it could be 70,000.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    arround 40 to 50 r killed, "Khatami" said

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@31 December 2003 - 13:26
    Another troller

if your looking to get a rise from someone, I don't think you'll find it here (hopefully).
    what lonly fucks

you know i hope there family get crushed by a earthquake or something

i find any tragedy to be bad

be it 9/11 or any earthquake its never a good thing thats for sure

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by j2k4+30 December 2003 - 01:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 30 December 2003 - 01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mogadishu@29 December 2003 - 21:12
    no one seems to realize how huge this is. the lowest estimates are atleast 25k..
    thats like 10x as much sept 11th.. but no one seems to care. There are people walking around with no family members who once had 50 person families. Tens of thousands dont have homes.. its so awful.

CNN.com&#39;s big story is tom ridge talking about homeland security. On the right where the secondary stories are, the news of the quake is behind saddam and NASDAQ&#33;&#33;&#33; It makes me want to puke.

Do these people not count&#33;???
    There are distinctions that should be drawn here, mogadishu.

The responsibility for the Iran earthquake that has decimated Bam does not accrue to any country (at least, I don&#39;t think so-you may have another opinion) or other earthly entity, so to equate this tragedy to 9/11 is fallacious and facetious on your part, as there was a responsible party in that instance.

I guess what I&#39;m trying to point out is that your attempt to draw a parallel between the two tragedies, while inappropriate in the extreme, is also indicative of your bias, said bias being the only possible reason for your bringing this absurd comparison.

By the way, I was watching FOXNEWS when the story broke; they were all over it, leading with it as details emerged.

One could almost say FOXNEWS&#39; coverage reeked of a certain humane empathy most here would not believe possible.

CNN is, as everyone knows, the network of elitists.

I pray for the people of Bam. [/b][/quote]
    cnn is crap, and fox is run by murdoch.. what more do you want, they are both bad.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by mogadishu+2 January 2004 - 18:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mogadishu &#064; 2 January 2004 - 18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@30 December 2003 - 01:22
    <!--QuoteBegin-mogadishu
    @29 December 2003 - 21:12
    no one seems to realize how huge this is. the lowest estimates are atleast 25k..
    thats like 10x as much sept 11th.. but no one seems to care. There are people walking around with no family members who once had 50 person families. Tens of thousands dont have homes.. its so awful.

CNN.com&#39;s big story is tom ridge talking about homeland security. On the right where the secondary stories are, the news of the quake is behind saddam and NASDAQ&#33;&#33;&#33; It makes me want to puke.

The responsibility for the Iran earthquake that has decimated Bam does not accrue to any country (at least, I don&#39;t think so-you may have another opinion) or other earthly entity, so to equate this tragedy to 9/11 is fallacious and facetious on your part, as there was a responsible party in that instance.

I guess what I&#39;m trying to point out is that your attempt to draw a parallel between the two tragedies, while inappropriate in the extreme, is also indicative of your bias, said bias being the only possible reason for your bringing this absurd comparison.

By the way, I was watching FOXNEWS when the story broke; they were all over it, leading with it as details emerged.

One could almost say FOXNEWS&#39; coverage reeked of a certain humane empathy most here would not believe possible.

I pray for the people of Bam.
    cnn is crap... [/b][/quote]
    One could not denigrate your cogniton on this point, at least.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by mogadishu@30 December 2003 - 01:12

It&#39;s a way to make Americans stupid and asrrogent if they don&#39;t know shit about the rest of the world. Remember Fox News, CNN and the like aint real news but just entertainment. You want more real news watch the BBC or something.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by j2k4+3 January 2004 - 00:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 3 January 2004 - 00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by mogadishu@2 January 2004 - 18:44
    <!--QuoteBegin-mogadishu

cnn is crap...
    One could not denigrate your cogniton on this point, at least. [/b][/quote]
    you failed to adress my whole statement... we agree cnn is bad. but you think fox is reliable?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by mogadishu+3 January 2004 - 13:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mogadishu &#064; 3 January 2004 - 13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@3 January 2004 - 00:58
    Originally posted by mogadishu@2 January 2004 - 18:44
    <!--QuoteBegin-mogadishu

cnn is crap...

One could not denigrate your cogniton on this point, at least.
    you failed to adress my whole statement... we agree cnn is bad. but you think fox is reliable?[/b][/quote]
    I am aware I won&#39;t convince you Fox should be your news source-suffice it to say it is better (MUCH better) than CNN, whether Rupert owns it or not.

I am aware most who don&#39;t like FOXNEWS haven&#39;t watched enough of it to know anyway.

It is enough for me we agree CNN sucks frog-dick.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast